Skip to content

Give me a class

2»

Comments

• Jirayia2Jirayia2 Member Posts: 18
    You ask for the class pretending you don't know nothing about, but you know them very good eh lol. Go for the beast master or bounty hunter if you like to play like an invalid for next 50 hours, and gg in areas where you are sorrounded at the start so your traps wont do shit. Every class have some cons.
  • Wandering_RangerWandering_Ranger Member Posts: 175
    Once again: "I have compiled a shortlist of classes that I have never really played much of before, OR classes that are traditionally considered a challenge to solo with."

Where Bounty Hunters are concerned, I know only as much about them as has been presented to me on this thread (plus a few more generic thieving things from years of playing the game and having thieves in the party). Thus, Bounty Hunter would fall into the "never really played much of before" camp. I only know basic premises but have never solo'd the class.

Shapeshifters I know a lot about, and never claimed otherwise. Shapeshifter would therefore fall into the "traditionally considered a challenge to solo with" camp. I haven't solo'd this class either, but I have played with it a fair bit.

I hope that makes the situation clearer for you.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    I'd like to remind everyone to stay respectful and nice to each other.

There's nothing wrong in asking for opinions even if a player knows how kits and classes work, because people share not only basics of playing but also peculiarities which in the end can decide the player's choice.
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325
    Jirayia2 said:

Go for the beast master or bounty hunter if you like to play like an invalid for next 50 hours, and gg in areas where you are sorrounded at the start so your traps wont do shit. Every class have some cons.

Based on my recent solo no-reload run (which eventually failed in the Ducal Palace), I'd say that beast masters are definitely ''A'' class for the purposes of BG 1 :). And I can imagine them being very soild throughout the entire SoA as well.

B.
    @Borco , what happened? Is your run documented anywhere?

Any useful tips you might share with us?
  • BorcoBorco Member Posts: 325

@Borco , what happened? Is your run documented anywhere?

Any useful tips you might share with us?

I've provided the coverage of Kazi's run in the no-reload thread.
    Thank you, sorry about your ill-fated venture.

Will you try it again, or perhaps do a solo not no-reload run?
  • AtarbAtarb Member Posts: 15
    No Enchanter? Those saving throws...
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Barb is a great class, never tried solo but read one of the top choices. Bounty would be my second but the new shaman class is an interesting one...
    Barbarian, Shapeshifter, and Jester are all tied at the moment.

I really hope this doesn't remain a deadlock.
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    When in doubt, do what I do, assign races to a number on a dice, roll the dice, same then for classes and same then for kits.

Why know what you're gonna play, let RNG guide your doom.
    Jester has won by a single vote.

Thank you to everyone for participating!
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768

When in doubt, do what I do, assign races to a number on a dice, roll the dice, same then for classes and same then for kits.

Why know what you're gonna play, let RNG guide your doom.

When I want to play a random character, I roll stats outside the game, then play the character that those stats suggest to me.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    never considered jester, love bards though and tried skald n blade which are great...better in iwd
    I use traditional PnP roll method of stat-assignment. I re-roll three times (taking the best roll), then simply allocate the stats where I need them for the class I am playing. I never use the + or - buttons (except to take into account the racial bonus/penalty).