What do you think?
[Deleted User]

Comments

• ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    My body is ready.

Teflon
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    I think I backed it.

They just released the first novella for it a few weeks ago.
    I heard the new Heavy Gear game isn't very good though. Which is a shame i Always wanted a Votoms-esque game with customizable mechs that is playable on modern PCs.
    So there's a Heavy Gear game but it isn't very good? Play with my feelings some more, why don't you. :p
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage

So there's a Heavy Gear game but it isn't very good? :p

Yes, Heavy Gear Assault.

Theres also MechWarrior 5.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    This reminds me of Future Cop.
  • bleusteelbleusteel Member Posts: 523
    As far as I know, Piranha was collaborating or at least cooperating with HBS on Battletech. I believe Piranha allowed Battletech to use their 3D 'mech assets. I wonder how Piranha releasing a single-player game will affect the production or future development on Battletech.

HBS widely proclaimed they would have a playable beta by March 15. They had to push the backer beta indefinitely due to production issues. I wonder if this new Piranha game had anything to do with the beta delay...
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage[Deleted User]
    I think the update about the beta delay is publicly readable. You can find it here. Assuming they're being straightforward, it doesn't sound like the Piranha game has anything to do with it.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • davidthegnomedavidthegnome Member Posts: 37
    I've backed both of HBS' Shadowrun Kickstarter campaigns and I've backed this. I think, compared to any of the other big (i.e., $1million+) campaigns, HBS does a phenomenal job communicating with their backers (and listening to concerns and feedback). I've been pretty happy with the results (even if I was disappointing with the "improved" Matrix features in Hong Kong. They tend to be really honest and transparent about how things are going & tend to be pretty realistic in their promises. So I'm pretty excited for this game even though I don't really know squat about Battletech (my only experience with it is playing the SEGA Genesis game in the 90's).

While piranha has agreed to let them use their mech models, but they aren't involved with the development of the game in any other way AFAIK.
    [Deleted User]

I've backed both of HBS' Shadowrun Kickstarter campaigns and I've backed this. I think, compared to any of the other big (i.e., $1million+) campaigns, HBS does a phenomenal job communicating with their backers (and listening to concerns and feedback). I've been pretty happy with the results (even if I was disappointing with the "improved" Matrix features in Hong Kong. They tend to be really honest and transparent about how things are going & tend to be pretty realistic in their promises. So I'm pretty excited for this game even though I don't really know squat about Battletech (my only experience with it is playing the SEGA Genesis game in the 90's).

While piranha has agreed to let them use their mech models, but they aren't involved with the development of the game in any other way AFAIK.

Theres a battletech wiki.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
    Theres also a Short lived battletech cartoon, but It suffers from 90's cheese and the clanners are Turned into mustache twirling Villains.
    edited March 2018
    It's now avaiable on GOG!

@BelleSorciere @Vallmyr @Fardragon
    Post edited by ShapiroKeatsDarkMage on
    [Deleted User]
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage

Yeah, I'm definitely getting a gog key! :)

I can't wait to blow s**It up with an Atlas.
    [Deleted User]

That skull face!

I really hope we get to go up against clanners. I'm reading that the game is set a few decades before the clan invasion, though. *-) But they know players would love to fight the clans and get clan mechs! :) Maybe in an expansion pack!

My favorite mechs are the Shadow Hawk and the Crusader, because they are based on Dougram and the Valkerye from Macross.
    [Deleted User]

So there's a Heavy Gear game but it isn't very good? Play with my feelings some more, why don't you. :p

Personally i would have preferred a Heavy Gear 3 than a MMO.

Oh, well, there's still the VOTOMS anime for those craving 4-meter tall mecha action.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    It’s already here?!

Gotta hurry and fix my pc...
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage
    It's not officially released yet.

It's not officially released yet.

But you Can pre-order It.
    True.

Well, I can't preorder it because I backed it, but you know.
    bleusteel
    ShapiroKeatsDarkMage