Skip to content

[MOD] The Stone of Askavar for Totsc, Tutu, BGT and BG:EE

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    brunardo said:

Just included it in my BWS EET set up and looks like a great mod - looking forward to it!

It is indeed a great mod and if the incompatibilities with DSoSC have been ironed out, it will be even better. :)
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited March 2017
    It should have been ironed out from what I recall (least I think so), I think there is no worries.

BWS Setup will tell you if something conflicts.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • evildevil97evildevil97 Member Posts: 93
    Just started playing this. It could really use a good proofreading. A lot of run-on sentences and such, kinda takes me out of it.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Wouldnt give me the option when downloading on BWS EET...only on BGEE BWS set up...Guess I can download after now...
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    edited March 2017
    *retracted*
    Post edited by Kaliesto on
  • Red_CarnelianRed_Carnelian Member Posts: 83

Just started playing this. It could really use a good proofreading. A lot of run-on sentences and such, kinda takes me out of it.

I believe most grammer and spelling mistakes have been ironed out so I assume you're referring to the editing side of things. If you feel that the narrative can be improved then please do comment on how it can be so or message me where things can be revised. Most improvements to this Mod over the years have come about from players offering advice etc.
    brunardo said:

Wouldnt give me the option when downloading on BWS EET...only on BGEE BWS set up...Guess I can download after now...

I remember testing The Stone of Askavar a while ago with BWS and BGEE without any hiccups. Best advice for EET is over on the G3 forum. As far as I'm aware it is compatible with EET.
  • evildevil97evildevil97 Member Posts: 93

I believe most grammer and spelling mistakes have been ironed out so I assume you're referring to the editing side of things. If you feel that the narrative can be improved then please do comment on how it can be so or message me where things can be revised. Most improvements to this Mod over the years have come about from players offering advice etc.
    Is there a version past 2.0 then? Most sentences don't have enough punctuation. creatures and items could use capitilization ("Stone golem" should be "Stone Golem" as an example). A great example of the punctuation problem is shown in the screenshot GrimLefourbe posted February 2016.
    Thanks for picking up on the punctuation issues. I can see now what you're referring to. I'll have go through the dialogs again and use an online grammer checker.
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    Hello, I want to report a bug of an item coming from this mod. The "Red Fist Sabre" is reported in game as unsuitable for backstab, while with others longswords you can.
    Blash said:

Hello, I want to report a bug of an item coming from this mod. The "Red Fist Sabre" is reported in game as unsuitable for backstab, while with others longswords you can.

I suspect that the reason is because it is a sabre, not a typical longsword. IMO it should really be in with the scimitars
    Anyway considering it is really overpowered (30% stun for one round, no resist), *maybe* it's not a bad thing it can't be used for backstabbing.
    Wise_Grimwald
    For that reason I usually don't use some of the particularly powerful items from this mod and Dark Horizons.
    I normally don't like items like that, but with SCS and other mods that significantly increase game difficulty, I feel at ease using them :P You should have seen when Silke in Beregost almost wiped my entire level 2 party, lol. It took resting and trying twice to kill her.
    StummvonBordwehr
    Blash said:

I normally don't like items like that, but with SCS and other mods that significantly increase game difficulty, I feel at ease using them :P You should have seen when Silke in Beregost almost wiped my entire level 2 party, lol. It took resting and trying twice to kill her.

I quite understand. The wolf of Ulcaster wiped out 4 of my five man party and almost killed my main character. He was however defeated. :) I too have SCS installed and other mods that nerf the original items.
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited September 2017

CONGRATULATIONS

I have done a megamod installation using BWS (Big World Setup) and I didn't notice any bugs. I still have to see if the amulet that protects against poison works though. Congratulations to the team that updated the mod and made it to function in SoD and EE. :):) A job well done. Even the extra stone has disappeared.
    ZaghoulStummvonBordwehrAedanbrunardo
  • jfliederjflieder Member Posts: 115
    This mod looks like a lot of fun! A quick question about installation: do I need to install this mod in both the Siege of Dragonspear main directory and the BG:EE main directory, or only one of the two?
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    jflieder said:

This mod looks like a lot of fun! A quick question about installation: do I need to install this mod in both the Siege of Dragonspear main directory and the BG:EE main directory, or only one of the two?

BGEE.
    tbone1
  • jfliederjflieder Member Posts: 115

jflieder said:

BGEE.
    Thank you, @PaulaMigrate!
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

CONGRATULATIONS

I have done a megamod installation using BWS (Big World Setup) and I didn't notice any bugs. I still have to see if the amulet that protects against poison works though. Congratulations to the team that updated the mod and made it to function in SoD and EE. :):) A job well done. Even the extra stone has disappeared.
    I know it does in a non BWS at least.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Zaghoul said:

CONGRATULATIONS

I know it does in a non BWS at least.
    BWS is just an install helper, it does not change mods. There is no *non BWS* version of the mod, i.e. if it works in your install, the new version just works.
    Wise_GrimwaldBleriot
  • ClubbothClubboth Member Posts: 60
    First of all, I like this modification. Thank You all, who made this possible.

My thieves can not find the traps in Bluebell Wood and around Dystra's Tower. Only the trap inside the tower could be detected and disarmed. Do I need an other modification to detect at least all the traps?

With the latest version Dystra's Tower has been moved on the map, but the name is missing on the BGEE 2.3.-map. Bluebell Wood is fine. Solves a world-map-mod this flaw?
    You can't disable the traps that trigger the security around the stone columns in the Dystra's Tower area. This was intentional to make it more difficult to get to the tower itself. However all other traps should be detectable in all areas. I will have to check to make sure that is happening. The problem with adding some text on the world map is it tends to overalap existing icons. I remember testing this and found no clear way to place the text without some of it going offscreen or overlapping some other area icon, so the simple solution was to remove it altogether.
    StummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwald
  • ClubbothClubboth Member Posts: 60
    Thank You, Red_Carnelian!

I remember, that there are traps around Dystra's Tower, you can't remove them like in temple of Bhaal, but they don't show off nor the web-traps nearby. And I'm talking about thieving-skills of 100%. It is a simple installation with five quest-mods on BGEE.

With the new position of Dystrs's Tower on the original map I think there is enough space for a label to get the travel times. Your decision.

I'm using ctrl-4 to get around it.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • zelurkerzelurker Member Posts: 168
    edited April 2020
    Apparently the strings for the french translation are encoded in utf8 twice, producing unreadable accents. Workaround : encode all the files in soa/language/french in latin1 before doing the installation...!

Finally fixed it some more, some of the french files had still encoding errors, and it was possible to prevent them from being encoded more during the install, so I attach a patch with changed files for that.
    Tested in eet, everything seems perfect !
    Post edited by zelurker on
    For now I have converted the French tra' s into ANSI. As my understanding is they will automatically be changed to utf8 for the EE engine.
    For now I have converted the French tra' s into ANSI. As my understanding is they will automatically be changed to utf8 for the EE engine.

Yeah but apparently the files are encoded each time you install, making them unreadable after 2 installs! I didn't investigate this on my part, just kept the utf8 encoded ones and prevented any more encoding, but if you revert to ansi be careful these files are never modified during an installation !
    I haven't been able to recreate the error you are having. There have been times when the converted utf8 files have been left in the langauge folder from testing prior to packaging resulting in duplicate entries. However this shouldn't be the case with version 2.2.
    Oh, you reuploaded a 2.2 with the language/french directory in latin1 ? In this case installation works, and I even tried a reinstall in bg1 to check, a 2nd install is ok too, so it's perfect !
    What was wrong previously was that this directory was in utf8 before the installation apparently...
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @Red_Carnelian
    How EET compatible is this mod? I know it's BG:EE compatible, but I wanted to ensure it's also EET compatible before using it on our next run.
    It's compatible.