Skip to content

Help: Zhalimar haunting me in Chapter 6 (BGEE / EET)

IshanuIshanu Member Posts: 6
Completely reinstalled/updated on 3/4/17
Windows 10 / i7-4800MQ / NVIDIA GTX 770 / 16 GB
Heavily modded game (went a bit crazy with BWS) -- EET, SCS, lots of random stuff that I left check-marked. I've had no crashes up to this point.

I attached my Quick Save (inside Candlekeep library), but I also have two other available saves that are encountering this issue (Chapter 6 Start being attacked by Ogre Mages, and Auto-Save entering the library).

My most recent unique save was 4-5 played hours before Chapter 6.....it works fine.

My problem only started after I decided to load my Quick Save (I didn't like how my character interacted with Koveras...)

When I loaded my Quick Save, I got a message talking about Zhalimar Cloudwulfe's berserker rage. It ended, he lost his hit points, etc. etc. Five seconds later, my game crashes.

This happens on any of these three Chapter 6 saves that I try to load. It appears that I walked out of the Iron Throne without killing Zhalimar -- I don't know where he was hiding.

Is there a way I can spawn in my game's version of Zhalimar (not a copy), Ctrl-Y, and then maybe not see this crash?

What I'm confused about is why my game didn't crash upon first entering Chapter 6 -- it let me kill the mages, enter Candlekeep, roam around, enter the library....then I get the crash sequence after loading a saved game.

Any help would be appreciated. Let me know if you need any further information from me.

Comments

• IshanuIshanu Member Posts: 6
    Also: I can pause my game when it's loaded without crashing. This could give me time to play with some console commands, change some global variables, or something. I'm not sure what my best approach is. But again, a handful of seconds after unpausing, my game crashes.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/62958/bg1-ee-with-sod-chapter-6-candlekeep-save-crash-help-please

Zhalimar appears to be in area BG2608, I've tried removing him but can't check the results for you.
  • IshanuIshanu Member Posts: 6
    I haven't had time to really look into this or do my own troubleshooting the past couple days.

I'll try this out. And I'll also make sure he dies first on the rest of my playthroughs with SCS. I'm also going to look around the SCS forums to see if this has been brought up, either for a more robust solution or to report the bug in general.

Thanks for the help.