Skip to content

Accessing Spells as Sorcerer ?

I have a 4th level Dragon Discipline that has 4 Magic Missile, 4 Chrom Orb and 4 Sleep spells stuck at the only spells available. How do I access the spell book to see other spells. I click on the mage book (left side of screen), but no other spells are shown.

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    At 4th level, a sorcerer only knows 3 first level spells and 1 second level spell. You can access the second level spells by clicking on the "2" tab in your spell book.

Sorcerers don't get to know many spells.

http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Sorcerer
    mlnevese
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    As @AstroBryGuy said, sorcerers don't know many spells but they can cast any spell they know, no memorization required and if you choose your spells well they are the most powerful spell casters in the game.
    sarevok57AstroBryGuy
  • BannorBannor Member Posts: 3
    Can I change the few spells I've selected to other spells? There is nothing shown on either the 1st or 2nd level tabs.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Bannor said:

Can I change the few spells I've selected to other spells? There is nothing shown on either the 1st or 2nd level tabs.

Nope, they are permanent.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I really wouldn't recommend a sorcerer for a new player unless you know the spell system and the spells themselves well. Play a wizard first, learn what the spells do first. It's very easy to choose a spell that seems to be useful and never use it after a few levels.
    ThacoBellinethFenghoang
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    Bannor said:

Only with EE Keeper.
    mlnevese
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    When you gain some levels, you'll get to choose more spells, but you don't get a chance to replace old spells the way you do in the tabletop game.
    mlnevese
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BannorBannor Member Posts: 3
    Will EE Keeper work with IWD?
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    Yes, EE Keeper works with IWD:EE.

(For the classic IWD, you can use Dale Keeper instead.)