Skip to content

[MOD] Lefreut's enhanced UI (for BG1EE, SoD, BG2EE and EET)

Comments

• dibdib Member Posts: 384
    I just saw this mod and decided to give it a go since I haven't really touched BG(2)EE since the 2.x update, which IMO made the UI worse in many ways.

I haven't tried the mod very extensively but I really like what I've seen so far. Thanks a lot, man, I can finally go back to playing BG again! I might even consider buying SoD now that I know about this mod.
  • IvanwahIvanwah Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I really like this mod and I'm using it with EET. One question, though: can something like dialog box height depending on the amount of text available (like in Dragonspear UI++) be implemented?
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    edited February 2017
    [EDIT: DELETED]
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    AstroBryGuyCrevsDaak
  • HimikoHimiko Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2017

Nuf' said. I friggin' love you man.

The only element that shocked me so far was the spells icons.
    Post edited by Himiko on
    edited November 2019
  • AlexandreAlexandre Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2017
    Great mod, thanks for continuing to develop it.

In my game, there appears to be a few typographical errors, as you can see in the attached images. In the record screen, it says OFF_HAND_DAMAGE which doesn't look right to me. Similaryly in the second image it says SHOW_BLACK_SPACE_LABEL and NEAREST_NEIGHBOUR_LABEL. I'm not sure if these are intentional or just a problem with my version, but they seem like aberrations.

Also, there are a few other things I've noticed, such as no sound is played when selecting weapon proficiecies, and some other typographical inconsistensies, such as class names in character creation not beginning with a capital letter (though they are low-priority issues).

EDIT: I just realised nothing appears in the right side of my character record. How can I fix that?

Apologies if my images are too large or inappropriate.

Post edited by Alexandre on
    edited November 2019
    lefreut said:

@Alexandre Do you have the latest version of the game (v2.3) ? This mod requires it to properly work.

I am. I've re-installed both the game and the UI, and now it seems to be working.

So, I'm not sure what caused the problem, but it seems to have corrected itself...
    edited November 2019
    Paryslolien
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    This is really fantastic. Kudos once more @Lefreut.
    @lefreut Have you considered doing hover over names for spells in the spellbook, or is that something which *should* work and mine just isn't? I have to right click each spell to see its name.
    edited November 2019
    HaHaCharade
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    edited April 2017
    Don't know if anyone reported this yet, but the max stat cheat(Ctrl-8) doesn't seem to work with Enhanced UI. Checked both BG and BG2 on 1.7.

When picking apperance the small portrait(between large one and scrolling list) is stretched sideways.

Finally, and I don't know if this is something that can even be done on your side - in vanilla/1.3, after opening a spell bar, innate bar, etc. you can close it by clicking anywhere on the space unoccupied by spells/abilities. This doesn't work in 2.0 because empty space is still considered to be empty "slots" for spells/abilities.
    edited November 2019
    HaHaCharade
  • blackchimesblackchimes Member Posts: 323
    Amazing, thank you!
    edited April 2017
    lefreut said:

@blackchimes Fixed the first two issues. The third one can't be fixed as everything in the actionbar is hardcoded :/

v1.8:
    Fix small portrait aspect ratio.
    Re-add stats cheat.

Download the archive here.

Silly question Is there a quick way to apply updates to your UI, or you have to rip it out and reinstall the whole thing?
    edited November 2019
    HaHaCharade
    lefreut said:

Silly question Is there a quick way to apply updates to your UI, or you have to rip it out and reinstall the whole thing?

You can directly copy the files from the archive into the override folder. It's what the mod does.
    Sorry - Which files? From the copy folder? I just want to copy the fix so not sure which exactly. The archive contains everything right?
    edited November 2019
    edited November 2019
    HaHaCharade
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @lefreut - Would you consider getting rid of the hideous italics font in item descriptions, character biography, and kit description?
    edited November 2019
    AndreaColomboRavenslightHaHaCharade
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    I like the italic font. I only wish there were a way to bring back the fancy large letter that used to begin the first word in the text. Such things were part of the charm in the old UI.
    lefreut said:

@AndreaColombo I don't find this font hideous :p And it should be the same font that was used before the patch 2.0.

But if you want want to change it, you can edit the M_STYLES.lua file.

Replace this:

styles['parchment']['font'] = 'TOOLFONT'
    styles['parchment']['point'] = 13

With this:
    styles['parchment']['font'] = 'POSTANTI'
    styles['parchment']['point'] = 12
    I have to be honest @lefreut -- Love your UI, but this font change once made looks *way* better imo :smile:
    But its just that - opinions right? lol.
    AndreaColombo
    edited November 2019
    AndreaColomboHaHaCharade
  • JhaycenJhaycen Member Posts: 19
    Thanks so much for all the work you've put into this mod, and for being so responsive with the community.

There's just one *little* thing that makes the OCD side of my brain twitch. ;) On the character creation screens for selecting abilities and weapon proficiencies, the + and - buttons feel reversed to me. If I'm not mistaken, on the original UI the + is on the left and the - is on the right. And that kind of makes sense, because when you add "dots" to your weapon proficiencies, the dots extend out to the left -- so my natural tendency is to click the left button to do that. I think I've found the section in ui.menu where those screens are defined, but I'm apparently not understanding the syntax because whenever I try to change it I end up completely breaking the UI. :)
    AndreaColombo
    One thing I've noticed is that, due to how icons are spaced in the mage spellbook, some of them disappear once you've learned enough to fill up the page. I didn't see a scroll bar or anything like that, and could only find the other spells by erasing others from my book.

Is such a scroll bar / reduction of icon size under consideration?
    AndreaColomboGusinda
    edited November 2019
    AndreaColombo
  • JhaycenJhaycen Member Posts: 19
    That makes perfect sense, lefreut. Consistency is probably the best solution. Thanks again for putting together what I consider to be the definitive UI for these games.
    HaHaCharade