Skip to content

Does probability 0 do anything?

chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
In the probabilities of effects, I can write:

But does the engine actually ever roll 0? Or is it the same as

?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im assuming you mean the two probabilities? from what I seen, most items just use the first one to do their probabilities, but I've seen an item use both of them before, and I believe the first one was 40 and the second one was 61 or something like that

so I do believe it does have some effect, but from what I found, just using the first one is good enough for me

that would be something you would have to test out
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    No, I'm not asking about the reverse order. I'm asking if the engine rolls zeroes or not. Of course, if I write

Then it's obviously useless, but for

I'd like to know if I get two percentile points or just one.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    The engine rolls 0-99, not 1-100.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Probability range is min. value and max. value inclusive, so 0 - 0 means that it's triggered when the game rolls a 0, and 0 - 1 is triggered when the game rolls a 0 or 1.
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    So 100-100 doesn't do anything?
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    chimeric said:

So 100-100 doesn't do anything?

If i had to guess it would make it so the effect never fires. If it rolls 0-99, then there will never be a result of 100
  • MaerdylMaerdyl Member Posts: 15
    I don't know if i should create a separate topic about this, but since it's related i might aswell try.

I've been trying to trigger different effects through EEKeeper with varying degrees of probabilities, but no matter the numbers i put in, the effects ALWAYS triggers 100% of the time.

Is there a specific resource to add so the engine is able to take the probability into account ?
  • GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    Probabilities do not quite function when adding effects directly to the .cre format (which I am assuming you are doing in EEKeeper). You need a spell or item to roll probabilities.