Skip to content

Best Level 7 Spell Choices for You Know Who? (Spoilers)

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
Curious what folks pick for Baeloth's sorcerer spells. Any tips?
Post edited by HaHaCharade on

Comments

• SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    I forget what his first four picks are, but Shield, Identify, Magic Missile, Blindness, and Spook all remain useful through the second half of BG1.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    He has all of those already, minus blind :smile:
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Sleep is always handy, unless you already have another mage casting it. Otherwise, you'll definitely get some use from Protection from Petrification.
    HaHaCharade
    edited April 2017
    Edited my post as I realize he gains more spells. This is what I took.

Level 1: Blindness

Level 2: Blur

Level 3: Melf's Minute Meteors

Blur was a hard choice, but its great to buff up AC before a fight. Especially with how soft mages are. Blidness is probably the best 1st Level choice... and Melf's is just cool. Lightning Bolt was another option but he's already got fireball, and my other mage has Lightning.
    OrlonKronsteen
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Creeping Doom! Oh yeah, right, you meant that pompous ass Baeloth. I usually killed him off til I found out that if you did in BGEE he does not show up in SoD, and with that action, neither does M'kin (but dang, it's tough not to).
    Sorry, nassy ol arcane magic filth. :) Now I've done said in another thread how those fireballs be ruinatin the underground shroom patchs of my myconid buddies.
    HaHaCharade
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859

Sleep is always handy, unless you already have another mage casting it. Otherwise, you'll definitely get some use from Protection from Petrification.

By the time you have Baeloth and he's hitting level 7, there's really not much left that's still vulnerable to sleep.
    HaHaCharadeOrlonKronsteenArtona
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    SomeSort said:

By the time you have Baeloth and he's hitting level 7, there's really not much left that's still vulnerable to sleep.
    Nothing really tough, but there are still all kinds of guards, spiders, hobgoblins and other trash mobs that are dispensed more easily (and more quickly) by knocking them out first.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    hahaha, I thought this was talking about when baeloth hits actual level 7 spells what to give him, and I was thinking; how are you getting him to level 14?
    HaHaCharadeThacoBelltbone1
    sarevok57 said:

hahaha, I thought this was talking about when baeloth hits actual level 7 spells what to give him, and I was thinking; how are you getting him to level 14?

:lol:
    sarevok57
    Contagion or Stone Skin for his Level 4 spell. Thoughts?
  • grisbosskgrisbossk Member Posts: 21
    Zaghoul said:

Creeping Doom! Oh yeah, right, you meant that pompous ass Baeloth. I usually killed him off til I found out that if you did in BGEE he does not show up in SoD, and with that action, neither does M'kin (but dang, it's tough not to).
    Sorry, nassy ol arcane magic filth. :) Now I've done said in another thread how those fireballs be ruinatin the underground shroom patchs of my myconid buddies.

I don't have bard in my party. But Baeloth has been always my Jester. Great fun. Usually fill him with web, and spider spawn. Throw one or two webs, put your tank(s) (with spider bane/free act ring) forward and spider spawn does the job. Sling everything else to death. Even Sarevok can't help but hate that.
    HaHaCharade
    @grisbossk I use a similar method with the hivemaster druid as they get both web and spider spawn as well. 4 or 5 sword spiders, buffed, are a real menance in about 2 or three casting of web.
  • grisbosskgrisbossk Member Posts: 21
    Zaghoul said:

@grisbossk I use a similar method with the hivemaster druid as they get both web and spider spawn as well. 4 or 5 sword spiders, buffed, are a real menance in about 2 or three casting of web.

That's interesting. How do you get hivemaster? I heard Pai-Na was one. Tried EEkeeper, no hivemaster kit there.
    @grisbossk There is a stand alone kit available for BG. @Artemius_I is still working on a couple of bugs with it but they are nothing that really hurts too much. It is an excellent druid kit.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/43113/npc-mod-paina-npc-v1-2-working-hivemaster-kit-standalone-version-added/p1