Skip to content

Best soundtracks from Planescape:Torment [NO SPOILERS]

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    Shandyr said:

This thread is intended for people who have never played Planescape:Torment and who'd like to see if they would like the OST of that game.

You . . . you mean . . . I can't listen for the nostalgia? You're so cruel . . .

• taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    edited April 2017
    The credits track isn't on the OST listing.

Though, the original PST credits are a pre-rendered movie; the music accompanying them isn't a separate .mus/.acm file. It's entirely possible the music source was lost to the ages or something.

Edit: Other stuff that appears not to be on the OST include [potential spoilers]:
    Area - Bones of the Night
    Area - Civic Festhall
    Area - Ravel's Maze
    Area - Modron Maze
    Area - Curst
    Area - Baator
    Area - Fortress of Regrets
    Ending - Good
    Ending - Bad
    Ending - Indifferent

However, some of that is incidental music and not terribly interesting.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Shandyr said:

Is the credit track not in the PST:EE OST @JuliusBorisov ?

We'll add a reply to this to the FAQ when the office opens.
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    edited April 2017
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Looking at the PST:EE OST page again, I noticed that the head texts mentions including all of the original 37 tracks. Yet the track list stops at number 25.

... wouldn't it be better to list all of them at once, like the GOG cover below?

It may hurt the sales if people start to think that the "enhanced" OST actually missed 1/3rd of the tracks. Seriously, pretty much no one reads the fine prints when being showed a faulty list of Key Features.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475

Best soundtracks from Planescape:Torment? Credits! It's always the credits track.

Alas, this very best track wasn't included in the original OST. And I don't think it was added in the PST:EE OST either. No doubtly a loss for all of Sigil and beyond.

Ack! I now know who the lead designer is! I am spoiled! Where is the spoiler tag!
    edited April 2017
    Now that the OST download link is available, it is the full 37 tracks as in the previous OST versions!! The only thing that it is missing is the Credits track, which hasn't been available before anyway.

This listing is (fortunately) missing a bunch of tracks that actually happen to be part of the download. :smiley:
    edited April 2017
    taclane said:

The only thing that it is missing is the Credits track

Correction: there is at least one another track which was missing in the PST classic OST. And is still missing in the PST:EE OST as well: Enter the trailer track!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s2Qkx3lN5s

On a side note, the steam link to the PST:EE OST lists all of its including 37 tracks. Which really conjures the question as to why the beamdog listing of the OST still is unfortunately incomplete.

Correction: there is at least one another track which was missing in the PST classic OST. And is still missing in the PST:EE OST as well: Enter the trailer track!

The trailer music (as well as the initial OST) was composed by Lustmord, then swapped out for Mark Morgan's work when the game changed a little in design tone.

The unused OST was never released, but some of it was incorporated in his album Metavoid. It is mostly ambient music, but you can experience the Planescape that-never-was by giving it a listen.
    edited April 2017
    Indeed. But it still would have been awesome to hear *all* tracks, including those of Lustmord, in the enhanced OST. After all, it's not like there aren't any unused tracks in the PST classic OST anyway. :p
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Now the list on Beamdog https://www.beamdog.com/products/pstee-ost includes all 37 tracks.

Yes, about the credit tracks - I'm still getting that answer.
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    taclane said:

The trailer music (as well as the initial OST) was composed by Lustmord, then swapped out for Mark Morgan's work when the game changed a little in design tone.

Interesting! Does anyone know what the original tone was? I'm very curious as to what sort of game they initially intended PST to be.

• celestialaeoncelestialaeon Member Posts: 7
    I love Mark Morgan's works, especially P:ST OST. I'm a composer myself and I produced a few "tribute" tunes when I heard the new Torment game was being developed. Hope you enjoy these:

@Michikawa Amazing, thanks for sharing!
    We've published an article about the PST:EE soundtrack - http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/04/highlights-from-planescape-torment.html, explaining what makes the soundtrack from this game stand out.

P.S. The credits track - we're continuing to look into this.

P.S. The credits track - we're continuing to look into this.

@JuliusBorisov It's been around 5 months since then. Did anything turn up concerning the inclusion of the left out track(s)? Having an expanded song list would really help reeling in owners of the original GoG PS:T OST after all, like myself. :p
    We haven't yet found a high-enough quality version to add to the OST. The search continues.
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited August 2017
    Shandyr said:
    I would like to listen it while I'm visiting Chiesa di Santa Maria Immacolata a via Veneto (a church made with the bones of 4000 priests).
    Dustmen have got nothing on catholic.
    Post edited by rede9 on

We haven't yet found a high-enough quality version to add to the OST. The search continues.

We're now adding the Heart of Winter soundtrack as a bonus to our IWD:EE sountrack. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to create it in a FLAC format, so it will be added as MP3.

Once we finish that, we'll add the Credit track to our PST:EE sountrack as a bonus. And again, it'll come as MP3, because unfortunately it's been impossible to find the original in high quality.