Skip to content

[NPC MOD] Sheena - The Half Dragon Tale

Comments

• Kai50Kai50 Member Posts: 59
    Hi I am having trouble installing this mod. it comes up with ERROR SETUP-SHEENA.TP2 not found. I am not running it from inside an archive or anything so am a bit confused. is it non compatible with other mods or anything like that? I don't have many installed..
    Ok I worked out I needed to take the tp file out of the folder too xD but now when I try to install it it says "Install Undefined string?" and when I say yes it comes up with Error loading Sheena/portraits/sheenaS.bmp

Stopping installation because of error etc etc. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? xD thanks in advance.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    Kai50 said:

Hi I am having trouble installing this mod.

PC or Mac?
    Patch 2.0 or older?
    Steam, GoG or Beamdog?
    XP, Vista, Win7 or Win10?

I need a little more information...
  • AcheronTheOddAcheronTheOdd Member Posts: 14
    All the above.. Uhh.. stuff aside, Edvin, If you need someone to help with testing, as i understand your time is quite limited, i'd be happy to help in any way you need as my time is quite free currently. Furthermore I MAY be able to help put you in contact with an artist friend of mine, however i can't make any promises on that as she usually works for commission, but none-the-less i will ask on your behalf, and if need be, and money permitted pay for the commission myself. Again however, No promises in regards to the artwork, in the mean time good luck and keep up the good work, at your own pace. Thank you for thus far doing an amazing job keeping Sheena alive.
  • egbertegbert Member Posts: 99
    edited April 2017
    I'll be happy to help testing, too. Or may be translating in German later.

But I also have a question:
    WHEN am I supposed to kill the dragon?
    Since about 20 years I run the quest early leaving the dragon alive.
    To play Sheena I returned much later (after killing Bodhi) to kill the dragon, but will I miss a lot doing so?
    (and roleplaying I would not return: There is my soul to rescue and a lot of elves.)

All the above.. Uhh.. stuff aside, Edvin, If you need someone to help with testing, as i understand your time is quite limited, i'd be happy to help in any way you need as my time is quite free currently. Furthermore I MAY be able to help put you in contact with an artist friend of mine, however i can't make any promises on that as she usually works for commission, but none-the-less i will ask on your behalf, and if need be, and money permitted pay for the commission myself. Again however, No promises in regards to the artwork, in the mean time good luck and keep up the good work, at your own pace. Thank you for thus far doing an amazing job keeping Sheena alive.

Right now the problem is not lack of time, but too many projects where I work. :D
    I am the type of person who does a lot of things at once.
    Unfortunately, some projects are time limited so they have priority.

If you know any good artists who might be interested, can you first show some of his work?
    egbert said:

But I also have a question:
    WHEN am I supposed to kill the dragon?
    Since about 20 years I run the quest early leaving the dragon alive.
    To play Sheena I returned much later (after killing Bodhi) to kill the dragon, but will I miss a lot doing so?
    (and roleplaying I would not return: There is my soul to rescue and a lot of elves.)

Good question.

I am BG veteran and I have no problem slaying Firkraag with characters around lvl 12.
    But it is true that Sheena has many comments regarding many quests.
    I guess that's the price you have to pay.

If you want a very strong character early, you must prove that you are a master of tactics. ;)
    Edvin said:

Kai50 said:

PC or Mac?
    Patch 2.0 or older?
    Steam, GoG or Beamdog?

Never mind I worked it out xD Thanks for replying anyway. Is there anyway in the future when you have spare time you would be able to make this mod somewhat compatible for bg1? I am just after the half dragon polymorph as its really cool and I like to apply it to my own characters. Thanks for bringing this mod back in to the light by the way I never even knew about it until now! xD
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Looks interesting, even given my usual character bias against arcane magic.
    Big mushroom form bug huh, hmmmm, gets me thinking a want to see a Myconid NPC(or at least to adventure with for a short quest)
    Anyway, yep, that SoD half dragon form looked pretty darn nice.

lolien
    Edvin said:

Kai50 said:

PC or Mac?
    Patch 2.0 or older?
    Steam, GoG or Beamdog?

Hi again. I somehow worked it out last time but i cant remember what I did. had to do a clean install cause I was having trouble with other mods..anyway its a pc, its the latest version of the mod, on steam and its a vista. Any idea what might be causing this? its doing the exact same as before.
    @Edvin sorry to bother you again but I just cant install this mod no matter what I do :( some help would be greatly appreciated!
    Kai50 said:

@Edvin sorry to bother you again but I just cant install this mod no matter what I do :( some help would be greatly appreciated!

Imagine that you call IT services and say:
    "My computer is not working, help me!" :)

I need specific informations.
    You still have not told me practically anything.

What mods do you use?
    Is my mod in right folder?
    What does mod installer say?
    Have you tried installing my mod on a clean install?
  • BlackWolfBlackWolf Member Posts: 13
    I was wondering is version 2.5 of sheena is ready if not the when it will be.
    BlackWolf said:

I was wondering is version 2.5 of sheena is ready if not the when it will be.

Actually, the new version should be done tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
    IF I did everything right, the new version will have a better (more practical) romance system and compatibility with original vanilla BG2.
    lolienMateoFrozen
    edited May 2017
    Sweet Can't wait. But where it will be posted.
    Post edited by BlackWolf on
    Edvin said:

Kai50 said:

Imagine that you call IT services and say:
    "My computer is not working, help me!" :)

I need specific informations.
    You still have not told me practically anything.

What mods do you use?
    Is my mod in right folder?
    What does mod installer say?
    Have you tried installing my mod on a clean install?
    erm..I gave you the info you asked for previously in my above comments. I cant give you info without you telling me what info you need :S I am not psychic xD and I am clueless on how mods work and such so I don't know what info is relevant and what isn't. Sorry. as for the newly requested info well I have ust tried again on a totally clean install and its doing the exact same thing so I can assume its not in conflict with anything else yes? Unless your mod needs to go in a different folder from normal then it should be in the right place. it doesn't extract properly for some reason though. I have to manually get the exe and tp2 file out of the folder. after selecting which language I want and then attempting to choose what language to play the game in The mod installer says...

Using . \lang\en_Us\dialog.tlk
    ERROR: No translation provided for e0
    Continuing despite Error.

Install Component [UNDEFINED STRING: e0]?

note that the "e" of the "e0" isn't an e its a symbol that looks like an e I cant find it on my keyboard so that's the best I could come up with xD. Anyway when I put "install" the following occurs:

Installing [UNDEFINED STRING e0] [v2.0]
    Appending files...
    Appending files...
    copying 1 file...
    ERROR Loading [Sheena\portraits\SheenaS.bmp]
    Stopping installation because of error.

Error Installing [UNDEFINED STRING: e0], rolling back to previous state
    will uninstall 2 files for [SETUP-SHEENA.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 2 files for [SETUP-SHEENA.TP2] component 0.
    ERROR: Unix.Unix-error<20, "stat", ''Sheena\\Portraits\\SheenaS.bmp">
    Using language English.

When I put quit it says the following..

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS UNDEFINED STRING: e0
    The system cannot find the file Sheena\readme_sheena.txt.
    'Setup-SheenaAudioInstall.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external comm operable program or batch file.

that's it. Hope thats enough information :P took me ages to write that out xD.
    edited May 2017
    @Kai50
    Simple help. :)

You have to copy the CONTENT of folder "Sheena_v2.3" to the place where you installed the game, not whole folder.
    Edvin said:

@Kai50
    Simple help. :)

You have to copy the CONTENT of folder "Sheena_v2.3" to the place where you installed the game, not whole folder.

ahhh thanks its working now! xD I did try that before but I must have done something wrong cause it didn't work last time.
    lolien
    edited May 2017
    Edvin said:

IF I did everything right, the new version will have a better (more practical) romance system and compatibility with original vanilla BG2.

how is 2,5 and where to find it.
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    BlackWolf said:

Edvin said:

how is 2,5 and where to find it.

Edvin said back in February that the new version should be out "quite soon".

Estimating the exact time of release isn't his forte.

In his defense: there are many who tease with releasing something and showing promising plans while not releasing anything for years and then disappearing without even a demo version as an apology for leading people for so long. Edvin on the other hand already released previously some good stuff.

It looks like Edvin got now plenty of other projects to handle (plus RL obviously) so it the update may be released today...but it might as well be released 2 months from now on.

Don't refresh the page every five minutes or you will get a headache.
    edited May 2017
    The new version has been released.
    I'm 95% sure I've fixed all the minor issues around romance.
    (I will be grateful for the feedback, I'm still not sure about that 5%).
    Now you do not need to have Mazzy in the group.
    I also made a few minor transcripts in the dialogues.
    Mothor said:

Estimating the exact time of release isn't his forte.

To be honest, I really tried.
    I tried to solve the compatibility with the old BG2 until 4 am, but unfortunately I was not able to do it.
    Over the past few days, I've contacted a couple (much more experienced) friends to solve the compatibility problem, but I have found that they also have the same problem with animations.
    Mothor said:

It looks like Edvin got now plenty of other projects to handle (plus RL obviously) so it the update may be released today...but it might as well be released 2 months from now on.

This is absolutely true statement.
    Right now, I am:

1) The main and only Czech translator for BG1:EE
    2) The main and only Czech translator for BG2:EE
    3) The main and only Czech translator for IWD:EE
    4) The main and only Czech translator for SoD
    5) The main and only Czech translator for Planescape Torment EE
    6) The main and only Czech translator for new upcoming

*Deleted by moderator*

That's a lot of text on a single person. :smile:

In addition, I create bilingual mods and Czech translations for existing mods (I'm also working on a few other smaller projects). Plus, I'm a passionate gamer and organizer of national cultural events (It is the hobby, not job). I have two jobs and quite a rich social life.

Sometimes it's really hard to guess the exact time because usually when I'm working on a project that does not have a deadline and I encounter a problem I can not solve, I will instead start working on another project. I hate wasting time.
    Arunsun
    cool does she have epilogues and romance for throne of bhaal.
    Sorry to tell you that's not possible to install Sheena v2.5.
    SETUP_SHEENA.DEBUG is attached.
    edited May 2017
    egbert said:

Sorry to tell you that's not possible to install Sheena v2.5.

My bad.
    Rookie mistake.
    I always forget to convert a dialog file. :)
    Now it's all right.
    BlackWolf said:

cool does she have epilogues and romance for throne of bhaal.

I already written most of it, but it's not in the game yet.
    I still have to translate it into English. :D

Plus, I do not want to publish this until I'm 100% satisfied with the quality.

P.S.
    Romance in SoA is not something unfinished.
    It's a normal full-fledged romance.
    Sheena just do not have any (published) ToB content (yet).
    edited May 2017
    Too bad :'( i thought in 2.5 will be tob content.
    Post edited by BlackWolf on
    Bug Report

If Sheena acts as half-dragon, resting does not "reload" Dragon Breath.
    For the "human" Sheena the "reloading" runs fine.
    Bug Report

I'm in love with Sheena, but Bodhi doesn't recognizes that at our 2nd meeting entering the graveyard.
    egbert said:

Bug Report

I'm in love with Sheena, but Bodhi doesn't recognizes that at our 2nd meeting entering the graveyard.

Are you sure that you are in love with Sheena?
    "True love" in her romance does not come right away.
    Do you use some mods for multiple romances or do you have romance with some differen NPC mod?
    edited June 2017
    Edvin said:

egbert said:

Bug Report

Are you sure that you are in love with Sheena?
    "True love" in her romance does not come right away.
    Do you use some mods for multiple romances or do you have romance with some differen NPC mod?
    Yes, I'm in love with her - and only with her.
    (SHEENAROMANCEACTIVE=2)
    edited June 2017
    @egbert
    My mistake.

I completely forgot that kidnaping was removed from the original mod, because half-dragons are immune to vampiric infection.
    But the mention about your love should be used. It will be added in the next version of the mod.
    @egbert
    By the way, I'd like to hear your opinion on how mod work.
    I made a few drastic changes in the system of romance and I have not had time to do a proper test.

Apart from small bug with dragon breath and lack of that dialogue with the Bodhi, no more problems?
    Was beginning of romance smooth even without Mazzy? (Writing the correct code for that was hell)