Skip to content

Using equipped weapon/armor active abilities, and equipped weapon passive abilities

I have numerous weapons and pieces of armor with special abilities that can be activated in combat (example: using the Sunray ability with the "Daystar" sword or the Polymorph ability with the "Cloak of the Sewers"). Can't figure out how to activate these abilities during combat, though. Am sure I'm missing something obvious in the interface. Can somebody help me out on this?

Also, if Mazzy has Arbane's Sword (immune to Hold) equipped in one hand, Sword of Arvoreen (immune to Slow and Stun) in her off-hand, and Dragonslayer (immune to Fear) in one of her other weapon slots, which of the above immunities applies? All of them? Only the immunities of her primary-hand weapon? It's not showing in her character profile.

Comments

• BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Click on the backpack symbol on the quick bar.

You only get the immunities for the weapons in her hands. Off hand does count. You can check them out on the character record screen. The misc immunities that don't have icons show up at the bottom of the right pane.

(I'm looking at IWDee to answer this question, I'm assuming it's the same in BG2ee, but I don't have an active game to check.)
    JuliusBorisovjravlolien
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I don't know about EE, but in vanilla, any weapon you were currently wielding granted all its normal effects. So in your example, you'd have immunity to hold, slow and stun, but not fear, because you're not actually holding the Dragonslayer. You're wielding Arbane's Sword and the Sword of Arvoreen, so both of those swords' bonuses, but not any others, apply.

I would be very surprised if they changed it in EE so only main hand weapons gave immunities, since both weapons are touching your body just as closely.
    jrav
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    You can activate abilities of weapons that are equipped but not held, so fe. if you have Daystar equipped but are not holding it atm, you can still cast Sunrays from it. Location is the same as with the others.

Just as a sidenote, you need to select the character that is using the item. Then the backpack icon in the interface should become usable, and there you will find abilities from items that are equipped on that character.
    JuliusBorisovsemiticgoddessjrav
  • St. AndrewSt. Andrew Member Posts: 86
    Yeah. just a heads up here, but i'm pretty sure they changed it, again. I'm putting the hawksight into my offhand, and not getting +1 dex. Kind of ridiculous.
  • St. AndrewSt. Andrew Member Posts: 86
    Nevermind, JUST the hawksight doesn't give stats from the off-hand. Seems like status effects work, not sure about stat boosts
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    You won't get equipped bonuses of the offhand if it is not in use: while using a two-handed or ranged weapon in the mainhand.