Skip to content

Any value in a basic trainer? AKA, real-time memory editing?

Wulf2kWulf2k Member Posts: 27
I know save editors exist and are being worked on, but do any of the tools out there allow you to edit things in memory while the game is running?

I may or may not get around to putting one together, if it's not something that already exists.

Edit: For scheizengigglez, here are some random memory addresses/instructions that I've come across, for reference for myself later when I'm at another PC. Also, for anybody that cares enough to follow along at home.

517D45 - Read Morte's XP at level up screen
esi + 60 = xp

51c146 - read TNO's str
esi
+230 byte str
+232 byte int
+233 byte wis
+234 byte dex
+235 byte con
+236 byte cha

51c199 - read xp (multiple party members, after clicking level up)

7765b8 - write TNO's map x pos

79FD08 - Read text size % increase value (inconsistent)

Post edited by Wulf2k on
mlnevese

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I don't think I've ever seen a trainer that works with the EEs... I actually think it would be a simpler approach for those who have difficulties with the console and sometimes just want to change a small thing without stopping the game.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Cheat Engine?
    mlnevese
  • Wulf2kWulf2k Member Posts: 27
    It would be a standalone program, but open source so that anybody could make a CE table from its data if they were so inclined.
    FinneousPJ
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @FinneousPJ That could work but I think it's actually simpler to use the console in this case
    FinneousPJ
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,428
    The console is a very powerful tool if used right. (We could really need a dedicated topic with a collection of useful console commands.)
    mlnevese
    argent77 said:

The console is a very powerful tool if used right. (We could really need a dedicated topic with a collection of useful console commands.)

No doubt, but it's also a rather advanced tool.

Clicking a few boxes in an external program should be much simpler than walking a newbie through enabling the console and correcting their syntax.
    mlnevese
    Entering text into the console can be reduced to a simple copy and paste action (that's why I suggested a topic with predefined console commands). However, enabling the console itself is still a bit of work.
    I didn't realize that copy/paste worked in-game.

New-fangled technology....
    Not quite as "new-fangled" as you think. It worked already in original BG2. ;)
    taclanemlnevese
    Is there any official documentation on the console commands? Or just what people have figured out?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    edited April 2017
    Wulf2k said:

Is there any official documentation on the console commands? Or just what people have figured out?

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/8317/general-bgee-customization-pre-v2-0/p1
    I dont' think console commands have changed since then.
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 996
    Wulf2k said:

I'll just drop this here along with what kjeron linked.
    https://gibberlings3.github.io/iesdp/appendices/clua/bgee.htm
    This website has been compiled from what the community has gathered over the years.