Skip to content

The LoB + SCS Solo Challenge vs Bhaal´s Cataclysm

Comments

• HarpagornisHarpagornis Member Posts: 1,658
    Yeah, it might be the interaction between Greenstone Amulet and Kiels Helmet @Arctodus . When fighting enemies with fear i always relied on only one item with Fear Immunity - mostly the Helmet. That worked perfectly fine and even after 1k+ uses of Durlags Goblet it never triggered the fear - unless i forgot to equip the Helm. :D
    edited April 2017
    Okay, i tried a no-reload-run with a Fighter/Thief but the first enthusiasm turned quite quickly into aversion. Not because it was too hard but for instance all the waiting until stealth finally works makes me mad. What a waste of time. :D

Yeah this will get better later but - damn - i am used to play the game from the opposite direction: Restrict your items/skill to the maximum - like in my No-Items- or Level-1-Challenges and cheese the hell out of the game - including very much reloads. At the moment i would rather play the challenge with a Level-1-Char than going for no-reload... sorry i have failed so soon @Grond0! >:)

EDIT: Maybe i should take a little break from the challenge to calm down again and refresh my motivation! :)
    Post edited by Harpagornis on
    edited April 2017
    Yeah, thats how i wanted to see you rolling @Grond0 - gogogo!! ;)

@Blackraven has planted a pretty cool idea in my mind - maybe i should give it a try in the next days. But wouldnt it be even smarter to go for a specialized Mage? If i dual at 3 the Illusionist seems pretty cool - more Invisibility, more Mirror Images. Or are there even better choices? Or should i settle for plain Mage to stay as flexible as possible?
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    @Grond0 why not just skip all the undead with the scroll and go straight for the final battle? Seems much safer.

@Harpagornis I am really hoping you will beat Mellisan! Please don't give up! I want to see you crush that Demon summoning cheapskate!
    Holy cow @Grond0 - thats hurting even when only reading it...

But why making the starting dungeon that hard - especially in a no-reload-run? As @billbisco said: With PfU and Invisibility you can get to Korlasz without any fighting! It cant get safer than this... ;)
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,320
    edited April 2017
    billbisco said:

@Grond0 why not just skip all the undead with the scroll and go straight for the final battle? Seems much safer.

I'm not certain where dispel magic traps are, which is one concern. The main issue though is that I thought Korlasz will fight unless you have a good encounter reaction - and Frew's charisma is only 9. He'd have no chance on his own in a stand up fight even with just Korlasz and co and I suspect that the other human enemies nearby would also join in if there was a fight (so if his retreat route back is blocked by other enemies he's going to have a problem ...)

Having quickly looked at an autosave, one possibility would be to go into the room with the door opening mechanism and summon / buff skeletons to take on the elite mercenaries before opening Korlasz' door. If that fight could be won and Frew successfully rested (which is not guaranteed) for more skeletons, then I'd be happy to fight Korlasz.
    Welcome back to the action @Victor_Creed_SFV! Hope there will be several new videos soon!! ;)

Yeah, its quite cool that Harm works against nearly anything. Have i already stated that even big bad Melissan can be dropped from 100 to 1 once her MR is gone? This was the reason why i wanted to play a pure Druid - until i realized that all of the Big Five (including Sarevok) have to die before - damn! :D
  • Victor_Creed_SFVVictor_Creed_SFV Member Posts: 609
    One another note I just managed to remove some self created frustration.
    As some of you might remember polymorph was kinda broken for me, as in not being able to remove the "claws" of polymorphed creatures with fist spells
    I double rechecked my ScS install and for some reason I installed "improved shapeshifting" which if I'm perfectly honest idek what it does, but removing that component fixed my polymorph and now casting ghoul touch from scrolls (and similar spells) works as intended and doesn't dispel my polymorph anymore which is huge for my personal motivation of playing the F/M/C since I want to use character specific spells as often as possible and neither wands nor invis potions are specific at all and I wouldn't feel accomplished if I finish the game because I kept spamming those to win wile I play a caster class.