Skip to content

Full Throttle Remastered

lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
edited August 2019 in Off-Topic
Post edited by lefreut on

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Always wanted to try it, I missed it the first go around
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited April 2017
    Yes, I enjoyed this, you should give it a go if you haven't played it.

It feels odd because it sits in complete isolation to anything else. No sequel, no prequel, no novels or movies, even it's genre is hard to label. It's vaguely Mad Maxish, but not really.
  • KrugosKrugos Member Posts: 30
    I never played the original, I loved the earlier Lucas Arts games, but I didn't care much for the ones that followed Day of the Tentacle. I saw most of the games (Full Throttle included), when friends were playing, I just wasn't interested anymore.
    I will try it some day, to see what I missed. :)
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    So I can wield chains and chainsaw again, on a modern OS. :)
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    OMG LOVED THE GAME BACK IN THE DAY AND WILL PLAY THE CRAP OUT OF THIS ONE!!!!111ONE!!!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Now they just need to remake The Dig and all the classics in this genre will be reborn...
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    I'd so totally play The Dig again.

Gonna get this one too. I never finished it the first time.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited August 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    lefreut said:

I played a little bit and so far I really like this remastered edition :)

The sad part is that the game is short and that I remember most of the puzzles. I will probably finish it this week-end.

Then can you recall a turtle bone puzzle's correct solution right now? :)
    That was the most horrible part and still haunts me when the word "the dig" is heard.
    Yeah and those crystal rod shape changing too.

I liked the dig cause it is fully localized, dubbing and all the text. Especially voice acting was excellent.
    It was first and the last full localization of lucasarts game. :'(
  • taclanetaclane Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 364
    edited May 2017
    Teflon said:

Then can you recall a turtle bone puzzle's correct solution right now? :)
    That was the most horrible part and still haunts me when the word "the dig" is heard.

Hah. Even though I've played through The Dig more times than I can recall, I still don't remember which end of the turtle skeleton is supposed to be the head.
    Repeatedly flips the bones around until everything seems to fit. Ooops, that's not right. Maybe the head goes on the other side... :tongue:

However, I really love The Dig for the opening sequence. The other LucasArts adventure games had fun, humorous openings; but for a game from 1995, The Dig is just unexpectedly cinematic in how it blended CGI and sprite graphics to tell a story. Almost every step along the way, you get a sense that there was a point in time when Speilberg once thought the concept could have been an actual movie if it wouldn't have been overly expensive to film.

Maybe not the best adventure game of all time, but it ranks very highly for production values and art direction. It may also have been the best use of the iMUSE dynamic music system. However, I will always hold a special place in my heart for The Curse of Monkey Island's pirate song.

A pirate I was meant to be...

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Nowadays The Dig wouldn't be overly expensive to film...
    As we're talking about The Dig...

Sigh... I just love Vanilla bugs... the video above should be inserted in the post, not just a link...