Skip to content

[MOD] Bags of Torment

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Thanks.

New version 0.10-beta is is out. Download link in first post has been updated.
  • wandererhahawandererhaha Member Posts: 8
    Is there any restriction of the item type?
    Because I can't put weapons in Imp Leather Bag ...
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    edited April 2017
    @wandererhaha It says so in the bag's description - imp leather bag is for trinkets, quest items, junk items.
    Modron bag is for papers and scrolls of any kind.
    The last bag can hold anything.
    argent77
  • wandererhahawandererhaha Member Posts: 8
    Coz I only have 1 bag now , thx for yr reply!
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    edited April 2017
    2 of my bags got emptied(nothing is left in them!) somewhere during the Modron Maze.

Here's a zip. My bags are fine in the "Modron" save but are emptied in the "Maze" Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/712e3crk7hut1gt/save.zip?dl=0

They seem to become Empty the instant I start the Modron Maze.

Edit: Some more testing, it happens regardless of whether the bags are in my inventory when I enter the Maze or not.
    A suggestion, could the bag be emptied when the Modron Maze is generated? It seems that, after the bug occured once, i can put items back in there but if I generate another Maze, it becomes empty again except for the Modron Storage Crystal which is restored to its original states (with a few scrolls in there).

Edit: The A7#BAG1.sto and A7#BAG4.sto are in the .SAV for the save before entering the Modron Maze but they aren't in other saves.
    Post edited by GrimLefourbe on
    I've investigated a bit on my own and found out that it's actually a game bug. Container content appears to be reset to the content of the STO file present in the override folder of the game when the Modron Maze is generated - which is a small selection of spells for the Modron Storage Crystal and empy for the other two containers. I could work around it by biffing the content with the "Generalized Biffing" mod.

I'll post a bug report about it when I find a simple way to reproduce it.
    edited April 2017
    Any idea for a quick workaround meanwhile ? (Do I just use Generalized Biffing on my PST:EE install?)
    Yes, using Generalized Biffing should be enough. You don't need to start a new game. Use the latest WeiDU binary though (currently v240.01 beta).
    I think it worked, great work once again :)
  • NicolBluetoothNicolBluetooth Member Posts: 48
    The first part of the description of the "Imp Leather Bag" is missing some commas. Now, as this is a minor grammatical error, it doesn't necessarily need to be changed, but I would advise it. The beginning should read:
    "Stitched together from the hides of several imps, this bag is surprisingly light and flexible. Despite its small size, "
    Thanks! Will be fixed in the next release.
    NicolBluetoothJuliusBorisov

New release: Bags of Torment 0.11-beta

Changes:
    • You can only get a single instance of the Modron Storage Crystal (regardless of how often you defeat the EWC).
    • Minor spelling fixes.
    Important: It looks like PST:EE v3.1.3 didn't fix the bug of resetting container content yet, which happens whenever you enter or reset the Modron Maze. To work around this issue you have to install the Generalized Biffing mod afterwards.
    JuliusBorisov
  • steakhutzeeesteakhutzeee Member Posts: 16
    What about this mod and the last version of the game? We still need Generalized Biffing ?
    The related bug report is still on 'Submitted' status. so I'd say you still need Generalized Biffing.

Btw, the bug isn't limited to stores. Everything that is present in the override folder and can be stored in a savegame (e.g. the current state of mod-added maps, or even the worldmap) will be reset to their original state by this bug.
    argent77 said:

The related bug report is still on 'Submitted' status. so I'd say you still need Generalized Biffing.

Btw, the bug isn't limited to stores. Everything that is present in the override folder and can be stored in a savegame (e.g. the current state of mod-added maps, or even the worldmap) will be reset to their original state by this bug.

Thanks, can you explain this more clearly? So with any mod i need Generalized Biffing? I'm new to modding this game.
    It depends what content the other mods are installing. To be on the safe side you should install "Generalized Biffing" after all other mods you plan to install.
    edited December 2017
    argent77 said:

It depends what content the other mods are installing. To be on the safe side you should install "Generalized Biffing" after all other mods you plan to install.

So i should install it, just to be sure?

And what if i want to install a mod after i installed the g. biffing? i've to install the mod and then re-install g. biffing?
    Each mod should only be installed once. Moreover, mods are stacking, since they depend on each other. So installation order is somewhat relevant too. The "Generalized Biffing" should come last if possible to include the content of all the previously installed mods.

Btw, I would recommend to use BWS (Big World Setup) if you play on Windows. It allows you to choose the mods you want to install and takes care of all the complicated details of the installation process. The tool supports PST:EE.
    edited December 2017
    argent77 said:

Each mod should only be installed once. Moreover, mods are stacking, since they depend on each other. So installation order is somewhat relevant too. The "Generalized Biffing" should come last if possible to include the content of all the previously installed mods.

Btw, I would recommend to use BWS (Big World Setup) if you play on Windows. It allows you to choose the mods you want to install and takes care of all the complicated details of the installation process. The tool supports PST:EE.

I tried to use it but i've errors, here is if i open 'Start BiG World Setup - Update If Needed'.

https://postimg.org/image/52f5cfq0b/

This is if i open 'Start BiG World Setup - Without Update'.

https://postimg.org/image/5rxxot5zf/

You know why this is happening? Thanks!
    I'm no expert for BWS, since I rarely use it except for testing mods. But you could ask in the BWS topic on this board (or over at SHS Forums).
    Installing Generalized Biffing, what i've to choice? I've to biff only wav&tis&bam? or all the files found?

Installing Generalized Biffing, what i've to choice? I've to biff only wav&tis&bam? or all the files found?

All files have to be biffed to work around the game bug.
    steakhutzeeefkirenicus
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @argent77
    Hello there!
    Please find attached the Italian translation for this neat mod. Credits go to:

@Azy for the translation
    @Aedan and @improbabile for the proofreading

I noticed a typo in the English description: Stitched -> Stitched

Thank you! <3
    improbabileargent77
    Thank you for the translation!

Just two questions: Do you plan to translate the readme as well? And @1 of setup.tra is still in English. Is this intended?
    Aedan
    edited March 2018
    No translation for the Readme file.
    The first line is in English - intended.
    Grazie! :)
    Post edited by Aedan on

New release: Bags of Torment 1.1

This release provides several new translations. The mod is now fully covering all officially supported languages of the game (and more). :smiley:

Changes:
    • Added French translation (thanks mirandir)
    • Added Italian translation (thanks Azy, Aedan and improbabile)
    AedanGusinda
    Grazie! :)
  • jaklumenjaklumen Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2018
    Attempting to install Generalized Biffing to fix the reset bug seems to completely break the game for me- as in it won't run, at all. I have to do a fresh install to completely undo all the changes that mod makes.

Again, I'm out on the Debian branch, running Linux Mint 18.3. Is this maybe a problem particular to Linux? I can't get cdtweaks to work, either, but I'm fairly sure it's because that mod depends on lowercasing the files, which breaks the way PST:EE on Linux seems to keep [EDIT: certain] file types uppercase.

For now, I'm fine with playing the game with the bug- but I have to remember to empty the containers before heading to the Modron Maze. Keeping items in the upper storage rooms of the Foundry's Godsman Hall seems to work dandy enough.
    Post edited by jaklumen on
    It could be a Linux-specific issue. The EE games are special, as they use mixed case for game resource names. This is something the WeiDU installer can't handle perfectly. Afaik, for the classic games it was enough to lowercase the whole game folder and proceed with mod installation. I don't know if this procedure still works for EE games though.

You could ask your question in the WeiDU section of the PPG Forum. Maybe there is a workaround that doesn't involve using Wine or case-insensitive filesystems.
    jaklumen