Skip to content

Imported Blade from SoD doesn't cast spells automatically

kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
Before I report, I'd like to know if somebody has already come across this, and maybe knows a workaround?

Simply put, I played BGEE and SoD with a Blade that had "Defensive Spells" set in the Advanced AI. No problem at all.

Importing into BG2EE, my charname doesn't cast spells anymore. The NPCs are fine. I tried disabling and re-enabling the option in various ways, saving and re-loading, etc.

I also created a new Blade and it casted the spells without problems. So it must be something to do with the import. I will now try another SoD character, a mage, to see if the problem persists..

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    If selecting another AI, moving your character a bit then selecting Advanced AI again doesn't work have you tried changing the AI script in SoD and re-exporting.
  • kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179
    Gate70 said:

If selecting another AI, moving your character a bit then selecting Advanced AI again doesn't work have you tried changing the AI script in SoD and re-exporting.

I will try, although it's very annoying if so - as I've progressed a bit already. It would be good to identify the cause, so maybe it can be fixed with some console/eekeeper magic.
    edited April 2017
    @koteko
    Actually that may not be the issue. With your bard could you try entering this console command (you can copy and paste it all into the console in one go). Before pressing Enter to submit the command, make sure your mouse cursor is over your character.

C:SetGlobal("BD_Blind","LOCALS",0);
    C:SetGlobal("BD_Cast","LOCALS",0);
    C:SetGlobal("BD_CLTM","LOCALS",0);
    C:SetGlobal("BD_Dharm","LOCALS",0);
    C:SetGlobal("BD_DInv","LOCALS",0);
    C:SetGlobal("BD_Glitter","LOCALS",0);
    C:SetGlobal("BD_Haste","LOCALS",0);
    C:SetGlobal("BD_HIDE","LOCALS",0);
    C:SetGlobal("BD_Horror","LOCALS",0);
    C:SetGlobal("BD_RParal","LOCALS",0);
    C:SetGlobal("BD_SCLAR","LOCALS",0);
    C:SetGlobal("BD_Slow","LOCALS",0);
    C:SetGlobal("BD_Spook","LOCALS",0);
    C:SetGlobal("BD_Support","LOCALS",0);
    C:SetGlobal("BD_Wand","LOCALS",0)

Or if you can't use the console, zip and attach an affected save here & I'll do it.
    Thanks

edit. changed as they are local variables.
    edit2. added semi-colons as not working otherwise
    Post edited by Gate70 on
    JuliusBorisovkoteko
    I will try as soon as I'm back home.
    Nothing, doesn't work. I'm attaching the save now, maybe you can figure out what's going on..
    Try this
    kotekoJuliusBorisov
    Works like a charm! How did you do it? :hushed:
    edited April 2017
    I just pasted the command in, held the mouse over the character and pressed Enter. Mouse -> Paste -> Enter may not do it.

Enjoy the rest of your game :)
    kotekoJuliusBorisov
    You are right - I tried again and it worked for me too.

Many many thanks!