Skip to content

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition FAQ

12346»

Comments

• TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    No new party members, quests, NPCs, areas or cinematic movies
    ☞ So... If anyone not a beamdog official says there would be updates featuring one of those, then can I just interpret that as a fake?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    No additional content is planned for PST:EE.
    taclaneTeflon
  • kotekokoteko Member Posts: 179

No additional content is planned for PST:EE.

Sadface :(

..does that mean we'll get a new 5e D&D game from Beamdog pretty soon? Pretty please?
    Teflon
  • scientscient Member Posts: 4

PST Fixpack.

For people asking about the integration of the PST Fixpack: we contacted Qwinn in the early development stages of PST:EE and obtained permission to use it. During development, the fixpack has undergone a thorough review by the PST:EE team and Chris Avellone was consulted whenever there was uncertainty. As a result, all objective bugfixes have been integrated into PST:EE.

It would have been a nice courtesy to have been asked permission as well since Qwinn and I worked hand in hand on this project. I can't count the number of hours I poured into delving into the internals of PST compiled code. Regardless, it is nice to see PST getting an overhaul and revival.

Early on working on the Fixpack, I attempted to track down someone who had access to the source code. I am glad you were able to get ahold of a copy along with the design documents. I do have a lot of notes regarding my internal analysis along with quirks/bugs that I was never able to resolve. If they have not yet been fixed by the new rework, I would be happy to share them with someone working on code revisions to review.
    MIK0AndreaColomboMontresor_SPIsewein
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Nice to hear from you, @scient!

If you're willing, send me a PM so that I could pass your notes to the QA team.
    If you wanted to get a quick excursion about mods for PST:EE which are already available, don't miss the latest blog entry.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/06/change-your-game-with-planescape.html
  • ConjurerDragonConjurerDragon Member Posts: 110
    Hadar said:

@JuliusBorisov Ohh, and a option that I have always 100% change to learn spells would be marvellous, because I tent to play on the hardest difficulty and I must save and load a lot. xD And I think that I am not the only one. :P

Isn’t the option to have a 100% chance to learn a spell simply to have a high Intelligence? Having to save and load a lot seems to imply that your mage is lacking INT - even if only temporarily raised with tatoos or charms.
    At the end of our old blog post, http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/10/ins-and-outs-of-planescape-torment.html, we provided a link to an archive with all the UI wireframes from PST, for modders to work with.

When we migrated sites, the link got broken.

Here is a new link: http://client.beamdog.com/files/_Assets.zip
    bob_veng
  • reVenAntreVenAnt Member Posts: 34
    Good morning, there would be new patches for this game?
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    I would like to know that as well. The Modron Maze bug has been well documented, is potentially gamebreaking, and while it only occurs in conjunction with mods it is a bug in the game files, nothing mods can fix. It would be great to see a final patch to address this.