Skip to content

My bard song's misbehaving

ElvenbladeElvenblade Member Posts: 21
Decided to give BGEE 2.0+ a chance after spending a long time in Icewind Dale. Having spent so much time in the north a skald seemed an obvious choice and so the adventure begins.
Having barely left candlekeep behind me, trouble rears it's ugly face. The problem I'm having is that my bard songs effect doesn't seem to stay on my companions. The song icon on their portraits occasionally disappear every other round.

It's most obvious while the group is walking around, note however that group stayed very close to each other and there we're never any obstacles between them.
Even while standing still in a group the effect might occasionally drop out.

Turning scripts and ai of didn't help. Only mod I'm using is the bg1 npc project.

Anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    I think we already discussed something similar here. It's also in redmine, of sorts.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    The song dropping as characters moved is reported internally as mentioned in the thread @Doubledimas mentioned.

Having looked at this again, song effects for vanilla BG / BGII affected party members across the entire map. Current EE behaviour affects party members within about 1/3 of visual range. I've created a 2nd internal report and linked both that and the earlier internal report to the public report. Does that sound ok.

Thanks
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I made a mod which makes the bard song hit a much larger area. You can find it here if you are interested.
  • ElvenbladeElvenblade Member Posts: 21
    Thank you!