Skip to content

The new companions

2»

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    "If someone bashes Beamdog for whatever reason they should be listened to." There are no positive connotations for bashing. Especially when so much of it I've seen since SoD amounts to blind hate.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    There's only one highlight colour change I find useful and that's the,

"spell turning blue if you haven't previously memorised it or red if you can't"

in BG.

Why this is only in BG and not in BG2 I don't know as there are so many spells. Who can remember what is memorised after picking up loads and loads of scrolls and wanting to have a "learn spell" binge.

I don't know the background to this, was it always the same in BG or is it an EE addition?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited May 2017
    @UnderstandMouseMagic Spell scrolls highlight colour change works both in BG:EE and BG2:EE. It was a part of the 1.2 update.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    edited May 2017

@UnderstandMouseMagic Spell scrolls highlight colour change works both in BG:EE and BG2:EE. It was a part of the 1.2 update.

Not in my game, BG yes, BG2 no.

Scrolls show,
    blue, when not identified,
    red, not allowed to be learnt
    then all the same for the others, known or unknown.

I just checked as thought I was missing something.

I always assumed I had 1.3(?), downloaded from GOG May(?) 2015 at the same time as BG.
    Where can you check which version you have?

Edit

Just checked again, pretty sure downloaded 17/04/2015.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    Spell scrolls are also not tinted if the character can't learn any more spells for that level.
    SomeSortAndreaColomboJuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    ThacoBell said:

"If someone bashes Beamdog for whatever reason they should be listened to." There are no positive connotations for bashing. Especially when so much of it I've seen since SoD amounts to blind hate.

My bad. I meant to put Bashing in quotation marks. As in not everything people call bashing is actually bashing. Plain old criticism gets labeled "bashing" right off the bat rather often by fanboys.
    SomeSortThacoBell
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621

Rawgrim said:

I guess he, like most, is used to those changes from playing Tutu/Trilogy extensively before the EEs were released.

Never used Tutu.
    Anyone who uses Tutu is asking for it, right?
    I dunno. Is it buggy?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gismorumgismorum Member Posts: 9
    edited May 2017
    This forum has a bad rep ?

Try coming here after browsing the world of *beep* forums.
    It feels like a vacation on a tropical island. :D

tbone1ThacoBell
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Rawgrim said:

As for Thac0Bell, what I was getting at is that people are way to quick to call people trolls. Meanings and motives gets added to the words of everyone who is critical of things or have a valid complaint. You should have seen the forum when SoD came out. People complained about a bug or whatever and got jumped on by users saying "Sure. What you really mean is that you hate the trans-character, troll!". Stuff like that. That didn't do Beamdog any good and it didn't do the forum any good either. It polarizes things all over the place.

I was also here during that time and read pretty much every new post in every new topic, but my experience was obviously diametrically different. And why would Beamdog get a bad rep because of what individuals not connected to the company but members in their forum says? It would like judging Trump based on what his supporters says instead of what he himself says.

..and yeah, the gnoll stronghold is a really boring place. I often just go there, get a new pair of gauntlets, then leave. Might just ctrl-j to a certain cave as well, but the screams for help coming from above, those I ignore. :P
  • fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    I tend to go in for a certain Red Wizard or a certain Ranger. usually I have one or the other in the party.