Skip to content

Question about game launcher/platform

I was wondering if it was possible to buy the game directly from Beamdog and have it come with its own launcher the way the BG/IWD games did - as in, completely independent of Steam, the Beamdog client and GoG. I wasn't able to find anything about this in the FAQ, so any input would be appreciated.

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Krieger, I think you are asking whether you can run the game in an 'offline' mode...

I can't write for the Beamdog version, but I run the GoG version (on a Windows OS) and use 'Torment.exe' to start the game, well actually a shortcut on the desktop but I am sure you know what I mean :). I don't buy from Steam because of its reliance on the steam client. There is no requirement for the GoG game to reach back into the network.

Someone else will need to talk about the Beamdog client version, but I imagine that the physical copy purchased from Beamdog (if there is one) would also run 'offline'.

Gus
  • KriegerKrieger Member Posts: 40
    Thanks for the reply, @Gusinda.

What I mean is that the previous EE versions have had a standalone "client" that, when you click the game icon, opens a window that lets you choose between playing the game, updating it (if available) and read the manuals. It is completely independent of any platforms like Beamdog, Steam etc. That's the version I want if it's an option for this game.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited May 2017
    There's no standalone launcher for PST:EE, but after you download the game with the Beamdog Client and install it, you can run the game from the exe file without using the Client, or choose offline mode in the Client.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/866239/#Comment_866239