Skip to content

Does dialogue with Solar affect the end of the game?

So during the talk with Solar right after killing Yaga-Shura i got pretty interested in the dialogue about debt so while looking into it i read something about the choices made here affect the end of the game but it didnt say what choices those were.

I believe my choices were something along the lines of - "Gorion never told me he saved my life" and "Sarevok paid for what he did and as for now i guess there could be some sort of debt"

Also the challenge room started with lava and now has trees.

Im guessing this is on the path of Good but im just wondering if there are small differences between the choices that you choose here and how those play out in the end.

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    edited May 2017
    I don't think they do.
    Concerning the challenge rooms, all of them has an evil and a good form. If your character is good or neutral aligned it starts in its evil form and ends in its good form, otherwise it starts in its good form and ends up evil.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited May 2017
    Yes they do.

Choosing certain responses add 'points' on a sort of scale - good and evil responses shift it in one direction or the other. They affect the epilogue but only
    if you choose godhood.

One of the most common slip-ups that players with Good PCs make is the second talk - the 'good' response is to admit there is a debt, while denying it is the 'evil' response. I don't really agree, but it's why people often get confused and think 'bug' when they end up getting the lava pools in the 'evil CHARNAME' room.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    It can be quite cool. @Artemius_I is correct: the variables only matter if you choose Godhood. When my True Neutral character opted to ascend, I was a little surprised to hear the Solar declare that my power would eventually corrupt me and it was disgusted by me. I hadn't recalled that from earlier playthroughs, though mostly because I tend to stay mortal. Yet it must be said, it's a fun piece.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Oh, I've always thought than the end dialogue was only determined by alignment and reputation. Nevermind then, please ignore my comment.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    I made some sort of an overview here: ToB: How the game tracks the PC's corruption although I am not sure how helpful it is if you are looking at it from a player's pov. This was for vanilla BGII but I wouldn't know they changed anything.
  • CinquainCinquain Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for all the replies! If i understand correctly it only matters if you agree or disagree that there is debt but not really what dialogue option you decide to choose agreeing or disagreeing. (I believe there's two choices for each side). And also the very end choice mentioned in the comment by @Artemius_I.