Skip to content

Cernd Badfather

2»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    dustbubsy said:

Jenzafar said:

I liked the father of that kid who got killed for nosing around the Bitch Queen's Temple. He got his son brought back to life . . . then chewed him out for being so damn stupid.

And if you right-click his son, he'll go "Aww, chores?? But I've been dead!!"

To be fair he should have him study while he still has rez sickness.

I, too, like that father!
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited June 2014
    bengoshi said:

Well, talking about best and worst fathers in Baldur's Gate, I have to admit the scariest one is Bhaal. So. Many. Children.

And he only fathered them so they could be sacrificed or kill each other off to resurrect him! Plotting to stay out of the way until they were all dead and only then return. Deadbeat dad of the year!
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Cernd always reminded me of the by-the-books Jedi. You know, the boring ones, the ones wearing potato sacks. The ones that think of emotion as cancer and claims anything remotely fun or worthwhile will lead to the Dark Side.

Apparently he isn't just a boring Potato Man. He's a boring Dark Potato Man.
  • JCDentonJCDenton Member Posts: 24
    Just experienced Cernd leaving the baby on the ground for myself :smile:

As a proper law abiding party, we of course picked the baby up and put it inside Hexxat's bag of holding, so she can have some snack, when she wakes up... >:)

On a more serious note, this is another thing that should have been fixed IMO. In case Cernd's inventory is completely full, he just drops the baby and leaves. It doesn't break any quests or anything, but it is completely immersion breaking.

And it could be fixed very easily. If Cernd's inventory is full, just make him force drop any non-quest item, so he can receive the baby. Problem solved.
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    The child of Cernd is a constant reminder of his weak pull out game it's why he refuses to accept it.
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    edited May 2017
    JCDenton said:

Just experienced Cernd leaving the baby on the ground for myself :smile:

As a proper law abiding party, we of course picked the baby up and put it inside Hexxat's bag of holding, so she can have some snack, when she wakes up... >:)

On a more serious note, this is another thing that should have been fixed IMO. In case Cernd's inventory is completely full, he just drops the baby and leaves. It doesn't break any quests or anything, but it is completely immersion breaking.

And it could be fixed very easily. If Cernd's inventory is full, just make him force drop any non-quest item, so he can receive the baby. Problem solved.

Only if you regard "Cernd drops the baby" as a bug and not a feature.

Edit: Now I kind of want to engineer a "world's worst daycare" run where I defeat the game solo with nothing but Aerie's Baby, Cernd's Baby, and 14 stacks of darts in my inventory.