Skip to content

cheat codes for Baldur's Gate Enhanced edition?

are the cheat codes and the process for accessing the console the same for BGEE and the old version?
Where could I find the BGEE codes/

Comments

• KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    No it's slightly different. First, you enable the console by writing this in your Baldur.lua file, which should be located in your Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition folder:
    SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')
    Then, where you would have used CLUAConsole in the original, you only use C now. Such as...
    C:CreateItem('SHLD20')
    ...which puts Kiel's Buckler in your inventory. The cheat keys like Ctrl+Q or Ctrl+J are unchanged.
  • Surat01Surat01 Member Posts: 11
    What program do you use to open the Baldur.lua file?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Surat01 The quickest, if perhaps not the most convenient, way to edit it is with a simple text editor like notepad.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Nasty ol cheat codes. 'It trys to trick us' :)
  • DanStantonDanStanton Member Posts: 2
    I don't have a baldur.lua file, only an engine.lua file. Is it the same? There are only two lines when I open it.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited June 2017

I don't have a baldur.lua file, only an engine.lua file. Is it the same? There are only two lines when I open it.

No, those files as well as your saves etc are NOT in your game directory
    Look into user/YourID/documents/Baldur's Gate (or 2)
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited June 2017

No, engine.lua is different file stored in a different location (with the game executable), and shouldn't be changed. Your baldur.lua should be in your user directories (typically somewhere like ~\(Your Username)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition, but this varies according to o/s) with the various folders of saves, characters, etc.

I think you need to run (and exit) the game executable at least once to create baldur.lua, it's not created simply by installing the game.

Edit: ah, I see I've been ninjaed!
  • DanStantonDanStanton Member Posts: 2
    Thank you
  • helimoenhelimoen Member Posts: 3
    Hi ! I have a MACBOOK and I was thrilled to play to BG1 again after so long... (I played it during my childhood)

I wanted to enter a cheat code to get more money, so I read your instructions and found the baldur.lua file, opened it in Text Edit, added the line as you said, saved it. I checked the file by opening it again and there it was (the new line).
    So I opened the game and tried to activate the cheat console but nothing (I tried different things)... I quit the game and checked the baldur.lua file and surprise, the new line that enabled the cheat codes is gone !
    Help please !
  • MonotremataMonotremata Member Posts: 78
    Not sure why the line disappeared (it works fine on my Mac here) but to open the console now you have to hit CTRL+SPACE. I think it was the tilde key in the original one that opened it.
  • AlphaRinoAlphaRino Member Posts: 1
    I don't have a baldur.lua file only baldur.ini file and if I edit it the game crashes before loading
  • NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
    AlphaRino wrote: »
    I don't have a baldur.lua file only baldur.ini file and if I edit it the game crashes before loading

Copy and paste your present baldur.ini to a secure location and try this one. In multiplayer be sure to add your own custom name or it may possibly show as my own by default.

Copy and paste your present baldur.ini to a secure location and try this. Rename to ("baldur.ini"). In multiplayer be sure to add your own custom name or it may possibly show as my own by default.

I'd give you a copy of my own but apparently forum rules changed for some arbirtrary reason. It won't upload.