Skip to content

Unfinished buisness mod?

2»

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Why do people acts like jerks and expect to be take seriously? Or try to hide behind, "You can't critisize my opinion"? News flash, you are indeed entitled to your opinion, but there is no guarantee that your opinion is correct or should be respected.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    edited June 2017
    ThacoBell said:

News flash, you are indeed entitled to your opinion, but there is no guarantee that your opinion is correct or should be respected.

Actually there should be. There is no guarantee one's opinion will be agreed with or even heeded (we're entitled to ignoring it as much as one's entitled to having it), but respect should always be a given regardless.

I agree one shouldn't act like a jerk, of course.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    No, sorry, I can't agree with that, @AndreaColombo, because you're stating it too broadly.

There is no inalienable right to respect; an opinion earns respect by having some point or value. Some opinions are groundless, moronic, entirely misguided, gratuitously offensive, or otherwise worthless, and such opinions rightly earn little respect.

(For the avoidance of doubt, I don't count the opinions expressed in this particular thread as worthless, but I've seen examples in some other threads here.)
    ThacoBell
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524

There is no inalienable right to respect; an opinion earns respect by having some point or value.

I strongly disagree with this notion, but we're venturing on way off topic territory so I guess let's leave it at that.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235

There is no inalienable right to respect; an opinion earns respect by having some point or value.

I strongly disagree with this notion, but we're venturing on way off topic territory so I guess let's leave it at that.
    By your reasoning, we should respect the opinions of racists and religious extremists as well. After, ALL opinions should be respected, right?
    Gallowglass
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2017
    Let's stay on topic here.
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Speaking of off-topic comments, did you know that the Gummy Bear Liberation Front is preparing to exact vengeance on humanity for decades of devouring their children?

The war begins on Tuesday, and flamethrowers are quickly running out of stock. Enlist today and start getting your hands sticky!
    tbone1
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    All I can say that this is the reason BWS was created...to avoid mod issues.