Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Some Chain Contingency Questions (Mostly EE Related)

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me answer a few questions related to Chain Chain contingency on the enhanced editions. I've got SCS installed.

1. Can a projected image cast chain contingency?

2. Do spells loaded in a chain contingency assume a level 9 spell value for the purposes of penetrating "protects against spells of level x and below effects" (e.g. Globe of Invulnerability) and Lich/Rakshasa spell level protection?

3. Does the old trick of firing a party-unfriendly spell in a chain contingency at yourself to penetrate magic resistance still work in EE (e.g. Fireball?

4. Can chain contingencies still target foes that are completely invisible?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• semiticgodsemiticgod Member, Moderator Posts: 14,094
    1. Nope. Original caster only. Casting it won't do anything, and the original caster's contingencies will only trigger on them; not their clones. Same goes for spell sequencers and triggers; the clone can't create them or use them.
    2. Nope. Only the original spell levels matter; three level 8 spells will strike as three level 8 spells.
    3. No, EE changed that. A bunch of Sunfire spells will still be terribly strong, though.
    4. Yes!

Grond0ArctodusLivegood118JuliusBorisov
  • Livegood118Livegood118 Member Posts: 48
    Great – thanks for the help!

Couple of questions for bonus points:

1. Does Shapechange work with project image?
    2. What Enchantment level do mindflayer tentacles hit with in EE?

I'm trying to think of ways to combat demons in SCS with a sorcerer and frankly it's not looking good. They can auto-invis (making them untargetable), teleport at will, immune to fire, high magic resist, strong resistances/saving throws etc ...

JuliusBorisov
  • Livegood118Livegood118 Member Posts: 48
    Wow - best answer I could have possibly hoped for. Cheers.

semiticgodGrond0comebackhomeJuliusBorisov