Skip to content

*Spoilers* What do you do when your party encounters Drizzt?

13»

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Pause said:

Does anyone know if killing him in this way will affect anything in BGII?

@pause no need to worry - Drizzt will still be present in BG2.
    lolien
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201

I play modded games and I keep him alive to get the later quests that include him.

(It may be technically possible to kill him here and he will still spawn in his mod incarnation, as those are different creature files and dead does not carry over between them but it would spoil the immersion.)

Need to add that I had played the game countless times and made my decisions before I even learned that Drizzt was *borrowed* from some novel stuff I never heard about. I can imagine that I'm not the only person who made these decisions based solely on what is in the game and without knowing the whole Drizzt back catalogue.
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    edited June 2017
    I would guess if you did not get a reputation hit for killing him or experience @Pause that the game did not record you killed him as a global variable. If no, then this global variable will not go on to SoA when you export your save and it will seem as if you did not kill him.

If you do kill him as I understand he will not help you with a certain SoA quest and may even attack you with the wrong dialog options when you do meet him. You meet him regardless of whether you took him out in BG1 or not. I guess his buddies resurrect him :)
    Skarose
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    IIRC, @Aerakar, even without the imported variable, SoA still gives you an option (when you meet Drizzt again) to admit that you killed him in BG1 ... which might (or might not) be the "correct role-play" for @Pause.
    AerakarPauselolien
  • PausePause Member Posts: 40

IIRC, @Aerakar, even without the imported variable, SoA still gives you an option (when you meet Drizzt again) to admit that you killed him in BG1 ... which might (or might not) be the "correct role-play" for @Pause.

True, but the thing is, does the game (or he) take into account that he was walking away after I talked to him and he called me friend and then I killed him with the console instead of actually fighting him? I've never played either of these games, so I'm just curious.

Like I said, I didn't get negative reputation or money from killing him, so I don't know if the game counts me as actually doing so.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Pause said:

Like I said, I didn't get negative reputation or money from killing him, so I don't know if the game counts me as actually doing so.

I don't know, but my guess is that @Aerakar (above) is probably correct that the game won't have recorded this as murder.
    PauseSkarose
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    AerakarThacoBellSkaroseEadwyn_G8keeper
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,015
    I think I may have to take him out on my next run to try out Frostbrand.
    Skarose