Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Mod Ideas

ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
Let's discuss Mod ideas for people to consider.

Also @CrevsDaak How goes your progress on Keeping Yoshimo. I'd like to try the mod, but I'm too afraid to do so until V1 comes out.

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Here's a few Mod ideas.

1. Grant access to SOA areas other than Watcher's Keep in TOB
    2. Xzar NPC for BG2 (Montaron can stay dead for all I care, but I want Xzar)
    3. Return to Candlekeep for BG2
    4. Return to Baldur's Gate for BG2
    5. Yoshimo for BG1 or Siege of Dragonspear with material that carries into BG2.
    6. Ajantis for BG2 (Instead of being with the Knights, he arrives to attack and you convince him of your innocence and he joins the party)
    7. Mods that Adds Small Details such as:
    Yoshimo appears as an apparation after you turn his heart in to the Priest of Illmater, thanking you for freeing his soul.
    semiticgoddess
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited June 2017
    except for 5. (7 ?) all of those are allready existing in the various mods.

1,3 + 4 are EET features http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showforum=195
    2. is in some mod package and connected with the harpers in BG2 (it is such a common mod that I forgot which one exactly it is, it exists since a decade already and is now also for EE's)
    6. Is covered by the AjantisBG2 mod by @jastey - it is a complete story including a romance option around the knights and specifically Ajantis who can become a joinable NPC once you solved the riddle around that faked knight attack.

5. is some idea given that the hooded man is there as well...would make sense especially in the EET context of continuity.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Also @CrevsDaak How goes your progress on Keeping Yoshimo. I'd like to try the mod, but I'm too afraid to do so until V1 comes out.

The mod has a bunch of bugs that have been found but I do not have the time to fix them right now, but they aren't common (check the thread, it's sticked on this sub-forum) enough for you to certainly run into them.

Pushing v1.0 is not just up to me, since I'm just maintaining the mod, and I'd like to do extensive testing on the mod as well, which means it'll be released officially (Soon™ + "After I'm done testing it") which means there's actually no ETA.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @CrevsDaak
    Ok. Sorry if I came across as pushy.
  • dbianco87dbianco87 Member Posts: 21
    edited June 2017
    I had an idea that perhaps Yoshimo could be restored via a wish spell. In dungeons and dragons there are a lot of high level effects that can only be undone via wish or miracle spells (miracle doesn't exist in baldur's gate, perhaps it could be made and included as a Cleric HLA and/or cleric only scroll? with a planatar instead of a djinn?).

I think it would be difficult to do in a way that saves yoshimo's stats and stuff, feels like the creators really want to keep him dead. To make it work storywise you could make a few versions of his .cre that scale so his level is close to the party, and have it be the version we met in Irenicus dungeon, before the geass was cast (the planatar could "restore" his memories with the player's help). Require a minor quest perhaps, throw in a few new banters and you're probably good to go. Got to do something similar for TOB though. Maybe an optional alignment change due to his gratitude?

This could be done relatively easily I think, maybe just to tide us over until CrevsDaak has time to get the kinks out.
    semiticgoddess
  • Alesh91Alesh91 Member Posts: 26
    edited June 2017
    A Deal with the Devil
    Allow warrior characters (optional component - any class) to make a deal with Belhifet and become his blackguard, changing CHARNAMEs class to the appropriate paladin kit (is this even possible?). Would require dialogue changes and possibly slight story tweaks. Might be willing to give it more thought if idea is confirmed as possible.

Less Hidden Quests
    Unlock some buildings with quest givers (for example Nashkel widow, certain Baldur's Gate quests) or move the quest givers to a more public area.

(Re)move Easter Egg Items
    Remove easter egg items from pixel hunt containers (Ring of Wizardry, Ankheg armour...) and replace them with less powerful items or give them to NPCs, shops, or as quest rewards.