Skip to content

Archer/Cleric and Fighter/Thief Questions

If my Dad dual-classes his Archer into a Cleric, can he still keep his grand mastery in Long Bows once he gets his Archer ablities back.

Also, if I dual class Fighter/Thief with use any weapon, is it possible for me to Grand Mastery Carsomyr

Comments

• TheMetaphysicianTheMetaphysician Member Posts: 76
    He'll keep the grandmastery, but it will be useless, since the cleric restrictions will render him unable to use bows.

If you want to dual an Archer to cleric, you should use your grandmastery on slings, not bows.
    tbone1[Deleted User]
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @TheMetaphysician
    Well that's unfortunate.

How about the Carsomyr use any item thing with a Fighter/Thief dual-class with grand mastery in Two Handed? Is it possible and what would be the best way to go about this?
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    You should be able to wield Carsomyr at a grandmaster level just fine IIRC.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211

If you want to dual an Archer to cleric, you should use your grandmastery on slings, not bows.

Archers cannot GM in weapons other than Shortbows, Longbows, and Crossbows.

You do still get the ranged damage bonus on all ranged weapons including thrown and slings, though.

How about the Carsomyr use any item thing with a Fighter/Thief dual-class with grand mastery in Two Handed? Is it possible and what would be the best way to go about this?

This will work. I would recommend dualing to Thief at lvl 9, higher duals I generally find not to be worth the investment.
    NoobaccaAerakar
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    you can use sarevok for that (fighter thief using carsomyr)
    ArctodusPokotaAerakar
    @bob_veng
    Nah, I want to create my own Fighter/Thief.

Although he is also going to be Chaotic Evil and wield +6 Carsomyr out of spite.
  • TheMetaphysicianTheMetaphysician Member Posts: 76

Archers cannot GM in weapons other than Shortbows, Longbows, and Crossbows.
    Thanks for the correction. :smile: I had forgotten about that.
    You can always manually add the missing proficiency points via EEKeeper if you feel like making a Slinger. I find it completely justifiable, to be honest.
    ArctodusAerakar
    @Lord_Tansheron
    I appreciate the advice, but I don't use EE Keeper
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    Why isn't Halfling Slinger a core kit, anyway?
    AerakarArctodus
    Pokota said:

Why isn't Halfling Slinger a core kit, anyway?

I guess there is only so much room, and so much time. But that's what mods are for!
    ThacoBellAerakar
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    If I recall the Might and Guile mod has a component that adds a Halfling Slinger kit, modeled after the Archer.