Skip to content

You now can buy soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE in the Beamdog store

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited June 2017 in News
Hear, hear!

The official soundtracks for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition are now available on Beamdog.com.

Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack
Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack
Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear Official Soundtrack
Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack

All tracks come in both MP3 (320kbit) and lossless FLAC format.

Before, the soundtracks were available only on Steam.

P.S. Act quick! We’re matching Steam Summer Sale prices on all four soundtracks for a limited time!

P.P.S. You can buy Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack as well.
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
RavenslightThacoBell[Deleted User]

Comments

• RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Oooh shinies!

(Rubs her hands together with glee.)

I have been wanting to get these separate from the games. :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

I have been wanting to get these separate from the games. :)

Due to contract obligations, it's required to have base games for you to buy OSTs.
    I’m not sure what you mean. If you mean that I need to own the EE editions through Beamdog, then yes I do. :)

I assume I don’t need to have the games currently installed on the computer that I intend to download the music files on.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

If you mean that I need to own the EE editions through Beamdog, then yes I do. :)

Yes, this is what I mean.

Those who haven't bought the EEs can't buy OSTs, though.
    Ravenslight
  • RawgrimRawgrim Member Posts: 621
    When you bought the classic version of the game itself, it came with the soundtrack included. For less than what you guys are charging for the soundtrack itself.
    Rawgrim said:

When you bought the classic version of the game itself, it came with the soundtrack included. For less than what you guys are charging for the soundtrack itself.

If you buy the EEs from GoG, you get original games and original soundtracks (along other extras) that come with original games. Nothing has changed about the original soundtracks in that regard (unlike you state in your comments on GoG.com).

https://www.gog.com/forum/planescape_torment_enhanced_edition/soundtrack_question/post4
    [Deleted User]
  • JalisterJalister Member Posts: 146
    edited June 2017
    Nevermind. This was answered.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited June 2017
    And I had just bought the soundtracks on Steam before seeing this (literally, just before :disappointed:). I assumed Beamdog wasn't going to make them available outside the Digital Deluxe editions (at least not before the summer sale ran out).

Oh well, now my Infinity Bundle on Steam is complete.
    JuliusBorisov
    I am probably being thick as mud, but I am not seeing where or how to download the music files. All that I can find are the icons going down the left side of the Beamdog client for the games themselves. On the right side, I find a button for additional content and the soundtrack button, but pushing that just takes me back to the store page where I bought them. I just keep going in circles and I’m getting dizzy… :)

I even tried installing Planescape just to see if that might give me a different option but that didn’t change anything.

What am I missing?
    JuliusBorisov
    @Ravenslight Our programmers have adjusted the text to say "Download Soundtrack" instead of just "Soundtrack", so you should see it now.
    I just checked again.

Under Additional Content: I see Official Soundtrack, but that just takes me back to the store. This is on the screen that comes up when I click the Beamdog Client Icon on my desktop.

Should I be looking somewhere else? I am not seeing any other reference to the Soundtrack.

Would it perhaps be possible to post a screenshot of what I should be seeing?
    The official soundtrack link from the Client should take you to the store page, and there should be a download soundtrack button on the left side.
    Ok, Got it now.
    Once it takes you back to the store page, the Soundtrack button that you mentioned them changing this morning has indeed changed. Yesterday, clicking that button took me to an error message page, so I disregarded it. Today, after their adjustments, it took me to a page where I could download the files. :)
    JuliusBorisov
    I’m just going to mention something else here in case anyone else out there has similar questions. For me, the Soundtrack option for Planescape Torment EE appeared under Additional Content, directly from the Beamdog Client. For Icewind Dale, Baldur’s Gate EE and Baldur’s Gate II EE, no Soundtrack option appeared. I was however, able to go to the store, find those games, and then click the Download Soundtrack buttons from there.

Gosh I love these old classics. :)

I noticed that several tracks are mark with a notation, (unreleased). Does this mean that they haven’t been included in previously available soundtrack releases?
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]

I noticed that several tracks are mark with a notation, (unreleased). Does this mean that they haven’t been included in previously available soundtrack releases?

Which soundtrack in particular?
    There are many. Just a few examples from the BGII EE soundtracks.

Jaheira Romance
    The Copper Coronet
    Anomen Romance
    De’Arnise Hold Besieged
    Irenicus Final Battle
    Throne of Bhaal Theme
    Yes, it's for a reason the description says a few tracks previously have never been released.

Also, the EE OSTs include tracks never used in the game but previously released on the original OST.
    Ravenslight[Deleted User]
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited June 2017
    Disregard (I posted something that I misunderstood, so my original post is invalid).
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    This was a no brainer. A chance to enjoy great music while supporting a great company? Count me in!
    JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    JuliusBorisovRavenslight