Skip to content

Saerileth not romancing ?

KurpikKurpik Member Posts: 10
Hi.
Do you know when romance with Saerileth start ? I rescued her from devils, but i have friend option only. I have charsima 19 (raised by created tomes in clua console in BG 1 EE) , but generally she dont talk to me.

Thanks
Ravenslight

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You got lucky, flee, flee now while you can!
    Armanz92Edvin
  • KurpikKurpik Member Posts: 10
    Well i need technical advice not discussion if mod is good or not :)
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited July 2017
    Well, if you must know, then chances are that:
    • You're not good-aligned
    • You broke the romance at some point
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Please, my friend, we are on a civilized forum, do not speak of the devil itself so lightly
    ThacoBellArmanz92
    Character is lawful good, charisma 19, i dont steal items cause Nalia is poor thief. All i have is golden pauldrons from BG1 but i keep them in my backpack.
    She didnt even talked to me dircectly so i didnt fail at conversation level.
    Well in clua consoe i have info no romance exist no i dont really known.
    Maybe cause i have already Imoen and Isra Romance mood BG tweaks and Tweaks anthology with multiple romance allowed and gender restriction removed.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    Are you human, elf or half-elf?
    Human.
    Try those console commands, you need all of them. Make sure you are not in a dungeon area.

C:SetGlobal("CheckSaerilethMatch","GLOBAL",1)
    C:SetGlobal("SaerilethMatch","GLOBAL",1)
    C SetGlobal("SaerilethRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
    C:SetGlobal("SaerilethLoveTalk","LOCALS",1) >>> ATTENTION this is LOCALS i.e. you must have Saerileth selected when you do the input
    C:SetGlobal("SaerilethLoveTalkTime","GLOBAL",0)

After the last input she should start a conversation with you.
    edited July 2017
    Thank You Paula for good advice. I entered these values on saerileth choosen portrait.
    I let them stay for 30-40 minutes , had few talks with jaheira, Aerie, Isra, but Saerileth didnt talked to me.
    I will load begining of 2 chapter and i will recruit once again Saerilet and implement once again these values maybe this time will work.
  • fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    Saerileth being a mod may not trigger into romance even with multiple romances somehow enabled. I remember several mod romances having that issue in the past.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Moved thread to BGII EE Mods
    Kurpik said:

Thank You Paula for good advice. I entered these values on saerileth choosen portrait.
    I let them stay for 30-40 minutes , had few talks with jaheira, Aerie, Isra, but Saerileth didnt talked to me.
    I will load begining of 2 chapter and i will recruit once again Saerilet and implement once again these values maybe this time will work.

One more thing you may try is
    C:SetGlobal("SaerilethLoveTalkTime","GLOBAL",1)
    fateless said:

Saerileth being a mod may not trigger into romance even with multiple romances somehow enabled. I remember several mod romances having that issue in the past.

Yeah it may be. From official website forum author of this mod given list of compatibile mods
    There is no BG Tweak nor Tweaks Anthology. There is a Ease of Use on that list but with comment: do not install romance cheat unit (multiple romance..ect).

So my plan is to follow game as is to the end. I installed multiromace cause wanted to encounter as much romances as possible in one run game. I love baldurs gate serie but unfortunately i do not have enough time and strenght to pass this time several times over and over :)

For Saerilaeth i will make exception, after this run i will delete whole game, and install fresh one only with this mod.

One more thing you may try is
    C:SetGlobal("SaerilethLoveTalkTime","GLOBAL",1) - thanks Paula i will add this one now :)
    If nothing else helps
    C:SetGlobal("SaerilethLoveTalk","LOCALS",2) >>> ATTENTION this is LOCALS i.e. you must have Saerileth selected when you do the input
    Afterwards forcetalk to her. I can't test this, I haven't installed the mod right now due to EET incompatibility.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited July 2017
    I remember having read somewhere that Saerileth refuses to share a romance with Charname with anyone and that if a multiple romance option is activated, Saerileth won't romance you. My guess is that is the case and that if you truly want to romance here, your best bet is build a new modded install from a clean BG install, without installing any romance cheats.

I remember having read somewhere that Saerileth refuses to share a romance with Charname with anyone and that if a multiple romance option is activated, Saerileth won't romance you. My guess is that is the case and that if you truly want to romance here, your best bet is build a new modded install from a clean BG install, without installing any romance cheats.

You probably refer to this in the mod's readme:
    "There is nothing to prevent you from installing a concurrent romance patch, but if you do, there will be bugs. And there will be *nothing* we can do about it. Saerileth does not support concurrent romancing. "

Whether this is actually true can be verified in Saerilet.bcs

Look for
    IF
    Global("SaerilethMatch","GLOBAL",0)
    Global("CheckSaerilethMatch","GLOBAL",0)
    Gender(Player1,MALE)
    !Global("AerieRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
    !Global("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
    !Global("TashiaRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
    !Global("imoenromanceactive","GLOBAL",2)
    !Global("E3FadeRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
    !Global("SaerilethRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)
    !Global("ViconiaRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
    Alignment(Player1,MASK_GOOD)
    CheckStatGT(Player1,15,CHR)
    OR(3)
    Race(Player1,HUMAN)
    Race(Player1,HALF_ELF)
    Race(Player1,ELF)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("CheckSaerilethMatch","GLOBAL",1)
    SetGlobal("SaerilethMatch","GLOBAL",1)
    SetGlobal("SaerilethRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
    SetGlobal("SaerilethLoveTalk","LOCALS",1)
    RealSetGlobalTimer("SaerilethLoveTalkTime","GLOBAL",1000)
    END

IF
    Global("NSDisqualified","GLOBAL",1)
    OR(2)
    Global("SaerilethRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
    Global("SaerilethRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("SaerilethRomanceActive","GLOBAL",0)
    SetGlobal("NSDisqualified","GLOBAL",2)
    END