Skip to content

Euro 2016 and Confederations Cup 2017 football thread - share your impressions

1141516171820»

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited June 2017
    @Doubledimas 9 points (you might want to change predictions for the final and the match for the 3rd place now)
    @FinneousPJ 9 points
    @Pibaro 14 points
    Me: 17 points
    @Montresor_SP 19 points

@Doubledimas, @FinneousPJ and @Montresor_SP all can get 10 points for predicting the champion (Germany) if Germany wins.
    I can get 7 points for predicting the vice-champion (Chile) if Germany wins.
    @Pibaro can get 10 points for predicting the champion (Germany), 7 points for predicting the vice-champion (Chile) and additional 5 points for the right prediction regarding the 1 and 2 places (Germany and Chile), as well as 5 points for predicting the 3rd place team (Portugal).
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Hmmmkay...

Portugal - Mexico: 0-1. Mexico will be the least disappointed about missing the final and therefore has a chance of upsetting the European champions.

Chile - Germany: 2-2, Germany wins in extra time (following Lineker's rule: The Germans win in the end).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I've liked Mexico a lot. Their spirit is superb. But Portugal are still as strong as they were on Euro 2016. It was just so unfortunate for them to shoot penalties so badly as they did against Chile.

As for Germany, I'm impressed. Many call this team a B/C team, and look how they play... They've basically addressed the main problem from Euro 2016 with an ageing squad. They will be an amazing team next year.

But Chile. This team just cannot lose. And look at how fresh and sharp they could be at the end of the extra time against Portugal. Chile won against Argentina (by penalties), they won against Portugal (by penalties again, but they should have won in the extra time). To defeat this Chile, it would take a mature team, and this Germany is still not as good as the World Cup 2014 winners.

Portugal - Mexico 2:1

Chile - Germany 1:0

I wonder if the young Germans follow the Lineker's rule.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Final predictions

Portugal - Mexico 1-0

Chile - Germany 2-1
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    POR-MEX 1-0
    CHI-GER 1-2
    Well Portugal won anyway. Too bad CR7 took the game off
    So Germany won whoda thunk it
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited July 2017
    Thanks to @JuliusBorisov for hosting this game, and congrats to @Pibaro with the victory.

I was ahead before the last matches but ... here's me cruising towards victory, with @Pibaro chasing from behind: :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJrGIzFpTcA

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    We are the chaaaampioooons B)

Can't wait for the world cup 2018
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Well done all of you! Amazing end-game predictions by Pibaro!