Skip to content

Is there a way to get the artwork for the new EE portraits?

BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
I love most of the new portraits they made for BGEE and BG2EE. I bought the games on Steam, so no extra goodies or artwork. I've got a folder on my PC which holds all the portraits from all the Infinity Games, and I'd love to add the new EE portraits to that collection. Trouble is I can't seem to find them anywhere. Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    You can use simply Near Infinity and export them as bmp.
    Baptor
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341

You can use simply Near Infinity and export them as bmp.

First, thanks for turning me onto this feature of Near Infinity! Not only could I get character pics but all the in game art!

Second, I found the new pics for BG2EE, but not BG/SOD. I've opened both in NI and they have the same list of BMP files. The SOD portraits are not among them for some reason. Any thoughts?
    JuliusBorisov
    Imoen's SoD portrait for example is BDImoenL.bmp
    If you don't have EET installed you don't have them all in one game. You need to switch games in NI.
    Game>>Open Game >>Change directory to the BG1 game and select the file called chitin.key.
    Afterwards you can store the different games in the
    Game>>Bookmarked Games or switch back and forth with
    Game>>Recently opened Games
    JuliusBorisov

Imoen's SoD portrait for example is BDImoenL.bmp
    If you don't have EET installed you don't have them all in one game. You need to switch games in NI.
    Game>>Open Game >>Change directory to the BG1 game and select the file called chitin.key.
    Afterwards you can store the different games in the
    Game>>Bookmarked Games or switch back and forth with
    Game>>Recently opened Games

I went over to BG1 and still couldn't find the EE portraits for BG1 for some reason. For example, one of them is a gnome juggling glowing spheres. They don't seem to be in the BMP for BG1 or BG2.
    Are you sure those are original game resources? The description of the gnome does not resemble anyone who comes to my mind.
    Apparently this is a known issue. Yes they are official portraits. See the relevant thread here.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/63178/new-protagonist-portraits-not-showing-up-in-character-creation
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    JuliusBorisov