Skip to content

Which game has ice golems?

I've never seen them.

Comments

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    edited July 2017
    There are some in watchers keep, ice library, so bg2tob or bg2ee. At least, I think they are called ice golems.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    The restored lower part of the Ice Island dungeon you are transported to by Shandalar, TotSC.
    It's either UB mod or SCS mod.

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Icewind Dale 2 has ice golems too if I remember right.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited July 2017

The restored lower part of the Ice Island dungeon you are transported to by Shandalar, TotSC.
    It's either UB mod or SCS mod.

Shandalar's Island) There are polar bears and winter wolfs. There are two *Snow Golems* here, but that's a different thing.
    Ice golems do not appear in BG1 part of the game, not even in modded versions. These guys have 110HP+ and 20+ strength, not really what you expect during BG1.
    Vanilla game has them in ToB, Watchers Keep and Abazigal's Lair and some others.
    A truckload of mods add them to SoA, some are copies of the ToB ones others are imported IWD creatures. The old BG2 megamods have them, check TDDz.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    They're most common in Icewind Dale 2, where you can fight maybe a half-dozen in the game, mostly in the ice wall area. Otherwise, I've only seen them in BG2: there's a single Ice Golem in Watcher's Keep, level 2.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    This is what they are like

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    heart of winter also has them
  • chimericchimeric Member Posts: 1,163
    Excellent, Paula. I was just going to ask someone for a screenshot. I'm making a sound mod and the new footsteps have to be timed to animations - hard to do if the avatar is a blank.