Skip to content

Next Game

13»

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Next game? If they cannot make IWD2EE due to the missing source code, I would love an enhanced edition of TOEE or a brand new game.
    SunderCvijetahelmo1977
  • JRVthatsMEJRVthatsME Member Posts: 1
    What I would love to see would be an isometric Baldur's Gate 3 that uses 5th Edition D&D rules and was capable of having multiple parties and persistent worlds with DM capability like Neverwinter Nights. A toolset similar to the Aurora Toolset (but 2D isometric) would be fantastic. Also if it were capable of importing player made modules and persistent worlds from NWN1 and converting them to isometric 2D form (with the isometric 2D graphic counterparts to each NWN graphic) and 5E Baldur's Gate 3 rules and game mechanics that would be beyond awesome. That way currently running persistent world could just change over and avail of the beautiful BG art style.
  • WinterisleWinterisle Member Posts: 111
    I just wanted to say that the offspring of Aerie and a gnome would be called a GNELF. So the next game should be called:

- Baldur's Gate: GNELF -

ThacoBell[Deleted User]Papa_Lou
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @JRVthatsME SO what you are saying is that you want another NWN, which is NOTHING like Baldur's Gate.
    DrakeICN
  • RhamnetinRhamnetin Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2017
    It needs to be Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura - Enhanced Edition, if possible. It is one of the absolute best RPGs of all time, it has a similar following compared to the other RPGs Beamdog has remastered (perhaps bigger than some even), and it is one of the most problematic classic cRPGs to get running on modern systems (even Windows 7) at widescreen resolutions.

I keep hearing it can't be IWD 2 due to missing source code, but it's easy to get that game running at widescreen resolutions at least on Windows 7 (never tried it on anything newer). Arcanum predates The Temple of Elemental Evil and seems to be more popular, not to mention The Temple of Elemental Evil has been remade many times even in video game format.
    DrakeICNMateoFrozen
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    The next game should be a 5th edition isometric tactics rpg as faithful as possible to the ruleset, like Temple of Elemental Evil.
    Raduziel
  • FameWolfFameWolf Member Posts: 1
    Well, to be honest after playing through all the EE versions of games I would like Ice Wind Dale 2 but I heard the data was lost and it would be a nightmare to do that. But if they were to make a new game It would be awesome in Waterdeep there's already so much in the city not to mention what's underneath or they could just make they're own world like a homebrew game that'd be pretty cool too.
    [Deleted User]RahonaOstrimo
  • RahonaOstrimoRahonaOstrimo Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2018
    I am still hoping for the Icewind dale 2 version however :) and with the number of bugs it had, it might be an advantage to just recreate it in the new EE egine :)
    [Deleted User]kanisatha
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308

I am still hoping for the Icewind dale 2 version however :) and with the number of bugs it had, it might be an advantage to just recreate it in the new EE egine :)

That would be awesome so long as they don't mess with it being 3e (if anything only updating forward to 3.5e).
    [Deleted User]ThacoBell