Skip to content

Which FR/Infinity Game Would You Recommend?

2»

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I would also recommend Pillars of Eternity. It's not a Forgotten Realms game, but it's isometric, it has joinable NPCs, and it has a good story and good writing.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @UnderstandMouseMagic Nobody is as good at alternate character interpretation as you are ;)

What exactly do you think YOU could accomplish locked in a cell with no allies or equipment? How many no reload attempts have you succeeded, and without getting any party members killed? Adventuring is dangerous and Mazzy doesn't have power word reload ;)
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    @ThacoBell

I'll take that as a compliment (even if it wasn't meant to be, I'm not fussy). :D

Well first off why has she let everyone around her die?
    Pretty inefficient if you ask me. You find the journal of one of her fellows, it's not like they didn't get plenty of warning, the writer was already iffy about how things were proceeding.

She has her sword and her bow.
    But I didn't see any attempts at tunneling out of there. Old ruined temple, soft morter, shoddily made and shoddily maintained. Even Neb the childkiller managed that in a well built state of the art prison.

She couldn't lure the jailor into her cell using her (albeit limited) feminine wiles and then attack him?
    Nah, course not, just sit around waiting for rescue being a damsel in distress.
    Paladin, pah. ;)
    ThacoBell
    @UnderstandMouseMagic "I'll take that as a compliment (even if it wasn't meant to be, I'm not fussy). :D"
    It was :)

"Well first off why has she let everyone around her die?"

Did you know there is a basilisk ambush in BG? Man, I WISH my npcs only died because I let them ;)
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    ThacoBell said:

@UnderstandMouseMagic "I'll take that as a compliment (even if it wasn't meant to be, I'm not fussy). :D"
    It was :)

"Well first off why has she let everyone around her die?"

Did you know there is a basilisk ambush in BG? Man, I WISH my npcs only died because I let them ;)

Thankyou. :)

And yes I did know there was a Basilisk ambush in BG but I always carry one stone to flesh scroll, right from Candlekeep, use it, replace it.
    So one NPC down acceptable (and the means to sort it) and it happened in the no reload run I documented.
    A whole party?
    Careless.
    A real pointer to bad leadership.

You see, I care.
    I care about my NPC, I look after them, I pamper them. They stay in the best available rooms, they have the best equipment I can obtain, I shower them with gold and listen when they say they are tired.
    I never leave a man behind to be eaten as a last snack for a werewolf.

(Of course this may well be because they are evil and it's far healthier for me to rely on bribery than any altruistic feelings they may have)
    ThacoBellArdulIsewein
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    edited July 2017
    Dark Sun: Shattered Lands is a lot of fun and pretty in depth for a pre-IE DnD title. It's also fun to use the Dark Sun races, such as Half Giants and the insect Thri-Keen race. One of the few games that implements psionic powers and classes and more robust dual classing than in the IE's. Worth a playthrough or three. Bad news is, its a silent party like in IWD but with role playing potential. And pretty good role playing too If I recall correctly, there were no less than 5 seperate ways to escape the initial "dungeon".
    ThacoBell
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited July 2017
    Well you've probably seen Arcanum mentioned at some point around here as well. It has some broken and frustrating combat, but at the same time some really fun roleplay mechanics. And the main story is quite good.

And I love the soundtrack...so ''moving'' :'(
    Oh man, I forgot about the Thri-Keen, there need to be MORE insectoid playable races in RPGs.