Skip to content

Are there any mods around here that let you play as a Drow?

Are there any Drow playable race mods around?

Thanks.

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    What exactly are you asking for? In gameplay a drow is just an elf with magic resistance and slightly different racial traits. Subrace mods have been done in the past.

If you're talking about the immersion side, like dialogue and reputation, then no. No one's bothered to do something so difficult.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    I mean, the game doesn't have too much dialogue specific to any of the existing races anyway.

Even though the Half-Orc description says they're subject to racism I don't think that ever actually happens in BG2. I hear Siege of Dragonspear tackles the issue briefly but I haven't played that questline yet.
  • KelefaneKelefane Member Posts: 15

What exactly are you asking for? In gameplay a drow is just an elf with magic resistance and slightly different racial traits. Subrace mods have been done in the past.

If you're talking about the immersion side, like dialogue and reputation, then no. No one's bothered to do something so difficult.

A playable race mod actually called "Drow" in the game.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    There is no such mod and attempts to create options for it have failed. As the race *drow* as such does not exist in the game, people have tried to identify drow by other methods, like alignment or equipment or even skin colour. The experiments have failed. There is no way to identify a creature in the game as *drow* other than by story + imagination.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201

There is no such mod and attempts to create options for it have failed. As the race *drow* as such does not exist in the game, people have tried to identify drow by other methods, like alignment or equipment or even skin colour. The experiments have failed. There is no way to identify a creature in the game as *drow* other than by story + imagination.

I forgot to say:
    There is no way without breaking the fourth wall.
    You can of course ask the player at game start *Are you drow?* and if the answer is yes, you set a global and this can be evaluated by all game dialogues and scripts to make you recognised as drow.