Skip to content

Simple experience/level mod for BG2EE?

AndydAndyd Member Posts: 4
Im new here. I just got the enhanced BG2 and want to up my experience artificially. Is there a simple mod for that? Thanks

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited July 2017
    Hi @Andyd - Welcome to the forum. I am guessing that you want to just add a bunch of XP and not add additional XP for each encounter. The easiest way to do that would be to enable cheats and activate the console.

Close the game.
    Add this line to your baldur.lua (located in ..\My Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition)

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')

Start the game.

To activate console, press CTRL+SPACE, then you will see a new box at the top of the screen. Enter the amount of XP you want and select 'Give XP'.

Another way is to grab hold of EEKeeper and load the saved game, then edit the XP, save then reload the game. EEKeeper is very handy to have around...

Gus
  • AndydAndyd Member Posts: 4
    Thank you Gus. I will give that a try.
  • AndydAndyd Member Posts: 4
    Hmm Forgot to say I have a mac. EEkeeper does not work yet for macs and I found a baldurini file that I cannot read. Anyone have any experience with Baldurs Gate 2 EE on Macs?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Andyd, OK, I don't own a Mac but it prob means that you are running v1.3 of the game. Ignore my above comments (it is for v2.3.x).

Here is a FAQ for the Mac. I can't test it but it appears to contain the info needed to enable console mode.

In short:
    - Close the game down.
    - Edit baldur.ini (location appears to differ based on MacOS version so read the FAQ to find out where yours maybe) and add
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
    - Restart the game and load the saved game
    - Control-space to open the CLUA console
    - To give the current selected character/party 1000 experience points, type
    CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP("1000")

You could have a look at this discussion to see what other magic you can do.

Here is also a location that seems to have EEKeeper for the Mac and is upto date with the current version.

Good luck
    Gus