Skip to content

Rakshasa/Vidyadhar

OK - I'm in the underground caverns, Swashbuckler, Dorn, Kagain (I spawned him at the beginning), Viconia, Edwin, and Baeloth. I was looking for +3 weapons and it appears that Umar the drow no longer drops a +3 sword, but I was looking for the scimitar that Vidyadhar has. Used the Spectacles on the Lich and the Secret Revealed, and smoked the Lich...problem is, this Rakshasa is smoking me EVERY time. Does anyone have a good strategy on this guy?

Comments

• KennisKennis Member Posts: 124
    Note: Spawning Kagain made this 'interlude' awesome. I like his greedy dwarfishness.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Kennis said:

OK - I'm in the underground caverns, Swashbuckler, Dorn, Kagain (I spawned him at the beginning), Viconia, Edwin, and Baeloth. I was looking for +3 weapons and it appears that Umar the drow no longer drops a +3 sword, but I was looking for the scimitar that Vidyadhar has. Used the Spectacles on the Lich and the Secret Revealed, and smoked the Lich...problem is, this Rakshasa is smoking me EVERY time. Does anyone have a good strategy on this guy?

I killed him using Improved Haste from the Bracers of Blinding Strike that I had from Drizzt. Dual wield Ranger, dagger of venom + whatever.

Took me a couple of tries, as the damn cat kept teleporting away.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Hehheh, I never got into it with him but I'm glad to hear he's a right handful to take on. B)
  • JarlealeJarleale Member Posts: 114
    edited July 2017
    I managed to do it in ordinary battle using haste and arrows of fire +2 with most of my party members, as well as clever dodging while he was protected, but I think the most reliable way is to get the Rakshasa confused by using multiple myconids and use their spore ability.

Here is another topic discussing the same problem.
    @LavaDelVortel Does Verr notice/converse with this fellow Rakshasa if gated in with the glasses? I never tried gating him in due to wanting other items, but it would be worth it if he did.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    @Zaghoul - There is no content there for my Verr'Sza and I'm not sure there will be, as my priority is now moved to Verr'Sza for BG2EE. Verr BG2 is going to be twice as big is BG1EE mod what means I'll need all my energy there, otherwise I may not be able to finish such a project.
    Thanks, just checking. :)