Skip to content

[Kit Mod] Undead Redeemer (Cleric Kit for IWDEE, EET, BGEE and BG2EE)

RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
edited July 2017 in General Modding
UNDEAD REDEEMER:

Being an Undead Redeemer goes beyond being ordained by some church. It requires a lifetime of devotion, sacrifice, and courage. Clerics of many faiths may become a Redeemer, but this hard path is more usual for priests of Kelemvor and Lathander. They are efficient soldiers against one of the more common weapon of profane clergy: the undead. Regardless of under which banner they fight, the Redeemer is a force to be feared by necromancers, unholy priests and, most of all, the undead.

Advantages:

- Uses Turn Undead as a priest three levels higher
- Always under the effect of Death Ward
- +3 to Hit and Damage against Undead
- May cast Redemption once per day. Gains one use at level 1 and an additional use every 10 levels thereafter.

REDEMPTION:

The Redeemer pleads to PRO_HISHER deity and touches a creature, delivering 6d6 points magic damage. Undead creatures, besides the damage, need to make a save vs. spells with a -2 penalty or be destroyed.

Disadvantages:

- May not cast the following spells: Animate Dead, Raise Dead, Resurrection, Mass Raise Dead
- Alignment restricted to Lawful Good or Lawful Neutral
- Requires at least 12 Charisma
- Can't be resurrected

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to check for bugs and grammar/spelling errors. Every update will be attached in this first post and every feedback is welcome.

I want to thank @Gwendolyne, who helped me with Redemption and with the spells restriction, @kjeron , @Grammarsalad and @subtledoctor for the usual patience helping me. Thanks, guys!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can always download the latest version on this link.

If you like this kit you'll probably also like:

Undead Predator (Ranger Kit)

Undead Slayer (Wizard Kit)

Undead Hunter (Paladin Kit Revision)

Undead Tricker (Thief Kit)

Undead Ravager (Fighter Kit)

Undead Mourner (Bard Kit)

PS: This kit was inspired by the Doomguide of Kelemvor PrC from 3E. Due to a conflict with IWD's timeline, I had to adapt into something "new".

This kit works fine with Spells Revision but with this mod, it will be able to cast Create Undead, Summon Shadows and Summon Death Knight.

I think I have a solution for this, but I need some time to make adjustments and some tests.
Post edited by Raduziel on
GrammarsaladContemplative_Hamsterfranco8737

Comments

• Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited July 2017
    Interesting kit! Keep in mind that IWD is set at a time when Myrkul has the job that eventually becomes Kelemvor's. @Grammarsalad and @subtledoctor have cleverly coded their Faiths & Powers Champion kit to turn the BG era Kelemvorite into an IWD era Myrkulite. Different name, different skills depending on the game. Myrkul is a rather different sort of god, and the skills given in your Doomguide kit are not all appropriate for Myrkul - the restrictions on animating the dead, for instance.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

Interesting kit! Keep in mind that IWD is set at a time when Myrkul has the job that eventually becomes Kelemvor's. @Grammarsalad and @subtledoctor have cleverly coded their Faiths & Powers Champion kit to turn the BG era Kelemvorite into an IWD era Myrkulite. Different name, different skills depending on the game. Myrkul is a rather different sort of god, and the skills given in your Doomguide kit are not all appropriate for Myrkul - the restrictions on animating the dead, for instance.

Dammit, I was so worried 'bout BG's timeline that I totally forgot about the IWD's one.

Anyway, this mod is compatible with IWDEE, but I'll see what I can do to respect the scenario.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Ok, I'm changing this kit concept to something that fits both games without disrespecting the scenario.
    Done.

Now you can begin the epic tale of IWD by saying: A Hunter, a Predator, and a Redeemer walk into a bar...
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    I didn't check your last file but there is a typo in the previous one: RADGSV.spl (Doomguide's Save vs. Necromancy Bonus) is wrong.

You should change opcode #326 with #346 (Save vs. school bonus) and set parameter2 to 0. ;)
    edited July 2017

I didn't check your last file but there is a typo in the previous one: RADGSV.spl (Doomguide's Save vs. Necromancy Bonus) is wrong.

You should change opcode #326 with #346 (Save vs. school bonus) and set parameter2 to 0. ;)

You were right about the Opcode, but p2 was 0 already.

P1 = 3 (modifier), P2 = 0 (cumulative), Variable? = 7 (necromancy)

Fixed it. Thanks!
    1.3 up with another fix

I forgot to alter the 2da table from DG to UR.

Now it is fixed and the Redeemer will get his abilities properly.
    Apparently, the save vs. specific school feature is not supported in IWDEE.
    Ok, I switched the bonus vs Necromancy for Death Ward and now it works like a charm in IWDEE.

V 1.4 is up.
    v 1.6 is up.

Now, this kit is limited to LG and LN priests.
    edited July 2017
    Version 1.7 is up

This version has some minor bug fixes, massive polishing and a cleaner way of handle spells.

The mod is now fully traified.

Probably the final version at last.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Raduziel
    edited July 2017
    @subtledoctor Thanks for the feedback and I really like your idea. Will implement it in the next update as soon as I learn how to do touch-spells.

Time to breakdown Shocking Grap, I guess :)

On a second thought, this kit has some very hard penalties and this spell is gained once every ten levels so I need to analyze it cautiously.

Maybe I'll make it like Chill/Ghoul Touch (touch, but you may deliver as many touches as possible while the spell duration lasts). I think that doing something like Shocking Grasp, Harm or Slay Living would be a little too much.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Raduziel
    1.8 is up with some changes

1) Fixed a proficiency problem (the kit was allowed to put three pips in TWFS)

2) Redemption is now a touch spell

3) Vanilla items that simulate the effects of the spells banned from the Redeemers are off-limits for him now (except for IWDEE due to a possible and already reported bug).
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

Redemption seems a bit on the crazy side of powerful. Like theoretically you could walk into the temple of Lathander, pick a fight with the priests, and because they are now your "enemies" you can do 6d6 damage to all of them? I don't really see Lathander or Kelemvor letting you do that...

I might make it a touch-based spell. Like how priests can lay on hands and channel power to exorcise possession etc., this would be 'exorcising' the condition of undeath from the target.

Exorcising and 'transforming' the undead back to their life at the same time with Redemption would make for an interesting idea. A real exorcism, so to speak, for BG. Course it would have to be a special quest related thing though, as it would get complicated pretty quick.
    Anyway, that comment just brought it to mind. Heh, Fr. Damien Karras. ;)
    V1.9 is up.

Items that emulate the restricted spells are now off-limits for the Redeemer (all thanks to the codes that @kjeron and @Gwendolyne taught me).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Raduziel
This discussion has been closed.