Skip to content

So is there any Bard NPC mods compatible with the latest version of the game out there?

GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
If there is something I kind of realized, the game is severely lacking in Bards compared to the first game in the series (Hell, SoD even got "Voghlin", a Skald). Sure, there's Haer'Dalis but as a Blade he offers a different type of bard-based support than what I was kind of hoping for, and to be honest I don't like the idea of making my own character a bard (I want stories to be written about me, not writing about myself, know what I mean?)

So is there any out there? Or do I just cave in and make one myself and have him/her take a character slot?
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• franco8737franco8737 Member Posts: 52
    There is Petsy Chattertone, Halfling Bard NPC mod made by @LavaDelVortel which is available for BG2EE.
    JuliusBorisovGamingFreakArctodusbooinyoureyes
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    Yep, there's Petsy, the halfling bard. She has some friend talks, and a romance, but only with other short races. She should fit most teams who lack someone fond of jokes. You can join her early in the game - in the docks, to be precise.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBellGamingFreak
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @LavaDelVortel Wait, Petsy is compatible with 2.x? The download link on pocketplane says it hasn't been updated since 2012. Is there a more up-to-date place to download it from?
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    @ThacoBell - It never was incompatibile, but there will be problems with journal entries. Apart from that, it should be fine. If not, that will be the next mod I'll update once I have a moment.
    http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=146
    JuliusBorisovThacoBell
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBellGamingFreak
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    These both sound interesting and I'll check them out in the near future! Thank you.
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    I just transform Nalia into a bard, if I want one. There's even a mod for it here.
    give a different class to NPCs, choose a kit on the go for any NPC
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201

Keto is a fine bard mod as well.

There was a good one in BG1 that showed promise - a young woman who was apprenticed to Silke, or something - but I don't think it ever got to the point if having any TotSC or BG2 content.

That was Rose NPC, who stayed a beta mod forever. She had a little plot in BG1 after Silke and a few banters during early BG1 part but as a whole stayed unfinished.
    I used her back in old BGT but can't say if she made it into EE.