Skip to content

Imoen's spells

In BGEE-2, when Imoen is rescued and can rejoin the party, does she still have the spells she had learned in her spellbook, or does she have to learn them all over again?
I ask because I do not want to steal or buy anything that would be duplicated. She had about 15 spells from level 1 to level 5 learned.
Of course, Nalia is available, but Imoen looks more capable.
That is my question of primary concern.
About Hexxat. She approaches in the Copper Coronet, but since her quest looks too difficult for my party this early in the game. Is that right? Plus she will take up the space I need for another party member. a true High charisma paladin. any opinion of Hexxat?
Thanks, as always.
Gorris

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Hexxat does NOT mesh well with a Paladin. Like Dorn, she is intended to fit with truely evil parties. As for Imoen, the one that joins you is technically a differently spawned Imoen than the one in the starting dungeon, so she gets another default set, rather than what you taught her in the begining.
    tbone1Artona
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    The only way to play with continuous NPCs through the trilogy is by means of EET. This is one of the reasons it was created, i.e. to provide features the vanilla game doesn't have,
    Kusel
  • gorris75gorris75 Member Posts: 60
    What does "EET" mean?
    Seewead
    thanks for the answer re: Imoen and Hexxtat
    ThacoBell
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Enhanced Edition Trilogy. Its a mod.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    edited July 2017
    ThacoBell said:

Hexxat does NOT mesh well with a Paladin. Like Dorn, she is intended to fit with truely evil parties. As for Imoen, the one that joins you is technically a differently spawned Imoen than the one in the starting dungeon, so she gets another default set, rather than what you taught her in the begining.

Really?

Bloody hell, never noticed that. Just as well I often "let her rot in spellhold".... wasting my time like that...grumble... grumble.
    ThacoBell
    all answered-Thanks
    ThacoBell
  • SeeweadSeewead Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2017
    You can try out a nice little mod to fix that problem: Calls itself "Eternal Imoen", current version is 6.3.

From its README: "In BG2, the Imoen you start with, modify, and play through Chateau Irenicus is not the Imoen you hook up with in Spellhold. This is very annoying. This mod carries the Imoen you start with into Spellhold with the standard XP upgrade on rejoining."

Meaning: Your Imoen stays your Imoen continuously all the way long. No need for EET.

Find the mod here: http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=5272

The mod also is incorporated in BigWorld Setup (BWS).

See ya, Seewead

edit: small spelling error
    AndreaColomboThacoBell
    I had a hilarious bug with Eternal Imoen on my last playthrough. I never actually lost Imoen at the beginning, and reaching Spellhold netted me a second Imoen, who then proceeded to go through the Chateu Irenicus dialogue. Pretty funny. That whole playthrough had weird errors.
    tbone1ArtonaUnderstandMouseMagic
    ThacoBell said:

I had a hilarious bug with Eternal Imoen on my last playthrough. I never actually lost Imoen at the beginning, and reaching Spellhold netted me a second Imoen, who then proceeded to go through the Chateu Irenicus dialogue. Pretty funny. That whole playthrough had weird errors.

Two Imoens??!!!!

Shoot me now...please. ;)
    ThacoBellLucasIDKn8Papa_Lou
  • SeeweadSeewead Member Posts: 12
    That sounds weird. lol

I myself had never any problems with the Eternal Imoen mod. Did you maybe use the old BG2 or EET? For these the mod is not compatible (says in the abovementioned forum-link). Or maybe you have an other mod interfering - it is never easy these days. :-)

@Seewead I was experimenting with mods I had never tried before, so I think my install order was off just enough to run, but still give hilarious errors.
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957

ThacoBell said:

Two Imoens??!!!!

"Heya, it's me, Imoen."
    "No, heya, it's me, Imoen."
    "No, I'm the real Imoen."
    "No, I am."
    "NO, me."
    "NO, me."
    ThacoBellGrond0Arctodus
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

ThacoBell said:

Two Imoens??!!!!

Okay, I'm going to set up a kickstarter to fund a talking Imoen doll of which the forumites will send two to @UnderstandMouseMagic for Christmas. Who's in?

[ducks back into bomb shelter]

ThacoBellprofanitywarningGrond0Papa_Lou
    Would the Imoen dolls be pull-string, or automatic, like those Furby abominations.
    ThacoBell said:

Would the Imoen dolls be pull-string, or automatic, like those Furby abominations.

My children had a Nazi Furby.
    No kidding, when the batteries started to run out the only thing it said was "hitler, hitler, hitler".

Creepy as f*ck, especially since it had been left for ages forgotten in the car and suddenly started up praising the fuhrer.

Suffice to say, I never did replace the batteries.

An Imoen doll would be far worse though. Knowing my aversion it would probably start goose stepping round the room and invading the kitchen.
    ThacoBelltbone1

ThacoBell said:

My children had a Nazi Furby.
    No kidding, when the batteries started to run out the only thing it said was "hitler, hitler, hitler".

Creepy as f*ck, especially since it had been left for ages forgotten in the car and suddenly started up praising the fuhrer.

Suffice to say, I never did replace the batteries.

An Imoen doll would be far worse though. Knowing my aversion it would probably start goose stepping round the room and invading the kitchen.
    Now I'm picturing a world conquered by an army of tiny sentient Imoen dolls led by a Hitler Furby. It is simultaneously hilarious and terrifying.
    tbone1
    edited August 2017

@Quickblade and @tbone1 and @ThacoBell

(in the far distance you hear the unmistakable sound of gunfire and the resounding thud of a body hitting the floor)

Now you'll be sorry... ( female voiceset number 2(?))

Edited to add.

And there had better be no "LIKE" OR "AGREE" upticks for this.........

I always mark people who have guns, the ability to use them, and violent opinions as "Insightful". As in "as long as I'm in sight, I'm agreeing with everything you say, in full."

And yes, I used to live in Washington, DC.
    Grond0
    @tbone1

A good policy.

However I am British and live in the UK so the most you will have to worry about is polite condescension directed at "damn colonials". And of course it will be proceeded and followed by an apology. ;)
    tbone1Grond0

@tbone1

A good policy.

However I am British and live in the UK so the most you will have to worry about is polite condescension directed at "damn colonials". And of course it will be proceeded and followed by an apology. ;)

All while forming an orderly queue of one.
    UnderstandMouseMagicDreadKhan
    But the real question: how do you pronounce queue?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    DreadKhan said:

Have you never played billiards my good man?
    tbone1
    Grond0 said:

DreadKhan said:

I find people often do not get my jokes. Perhaps I am not very funny!
    DreadKhan said:

Grond0 said:

DreadKhan said:

People sometimes don't get my jokes.
    However, I think I'm bloody hysterical.

I should be on the stage. ;)
    And there would be an orderly queue of one waiting to see me.
    tbone1

DreadKhan said:

Grond0 said:

DreadKhan said:

If it makes you feel better, I can act like you're bloody hysterical?
    UnderstandMouseMagic

DreadKhan said:

Grond0 said:

DreadKhan said:

Sort of like when I play old Goon Show episodes. No one else in the house likes them, yet they like all sorts of British comedy that derives from them. Go figure.

PS What time is it, Eccles.

DreadKhan said:

It's pronounced "Throatwarbler Mangrove"

DreadKhan
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    DreadKhan said:

Grond0 said:

DreadKhan said:

Given that my response was supposed to be a vaguely amusing remark deriving from previous comments about British manners and colonial attitudes ... I think I could also say people often do not get my jokes :p.
    DreadKhan