Skip to content

Ankheg Cave Feels like Cheating (Respawn Areas)

Once you have sufficient weapon to take them out quickly, you can just sit in their cave and grind for days, they continually respawn so you can easily get +3-4 levels out of it if you're patient enough, and if you're collecting all the heads that's tons of gold too.

Anyways, to make this topic more general, what other areas do you feel are really good for grinding using sleep and or traveling to make monsters spawn?

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    You know, other than Basilisks I rarely do much grinding in BG1, the XP cap is so brutally low.

BUT WHEN I DO... I farm in the Candlekeep catacombs. Doppels can have fantastic drops. Of course, there's way more gold than you need too, so I usually feel like a lunatic for doing it.
    [Deleted User]
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Donno if it is fixed, but Safana's Flesh Golem cave on the outside was always a XP gold mine.

I myself am a minimalist and tended not to grind for XP. I find it boring and repetitive and prefer the challenge of approaching encounters with underdeveloped characters.
    LoldrupQuartzJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited August 2017
    How about killing sirenes? They give 2000 experience each and they're less dangerous than ankhegs. You can find them by resting outside in the sirene area.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    deltago said:

Donno if it is fixed, but Safana's Flesh Golem cave on the outside was always a XP gold mine.

In the EE you no longer get flesh golems there - but as @OlvynChuru said sirines give the same XP boost in that area anyway.
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    @OlvynChuru - I think poison and charm makes them more dangerous than ankhegs. :)
    GreenWarlockDreadKhanThacoBell
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    They're no problem if you simply interrupt their invisibility and charm spells. Also, fighting sirenes as rest encounters is much easier than fighting them in the regular encounters in the area, since you only have to fight one of them at a time.
    Yeah, but for me it's easier to kill bugs. They don't seem to have particularly good THAC0 and even 2 lvl fighter can easily defeat them.
    I think that brute force is in general easier to deal with than magical abilities.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Sirines drop better loot too especially if you them in melee before they can fire off their bow.
    ArtonaBalrog99
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    The second lvl below main floor of Durlag's tower. Keep resting for Greater Dops at 4k a piece.
    StummvonBordwehrArtona
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    tbone1StummvonBordwehrZaghoulCaradoc
    @thespace - that's the trick. I'm never a Cavalier. :>
    [Deleted User]StummvonBordwehr