IOS version

2»

Comments

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Really? Ok something to look forward to
    StummvonBordwehr
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    From the latest post on the Beamblog:

".......Our fans on iOS will be pleased to hear that we’re aware of the notification you’ve all been seeing regarding 32-bit applications and can rest assured that we will have all of our Enhanced Edition games upgraded to 64-bit as part of our 2.4 patch series. The Beamdog team has already started on the 64 bit update for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and plans to address the same issue on Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition afterwards. Expect to see more details on these iOS patches later this summer......"
    !!!
  • garyriley1982garyriley1982 Member Posts: 32
    Any update? Been 15 months since PC release, is this ever going to be released or is this going to be IOS vapourware?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

Any update? Been 15 months since PC release, is this ever going to be released or is this going to be IOS vapourware?

Nothing more after
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Check the News thread "PST:EE Patch 3.1.3 And What's Next for Beamdog". The 2.4 patch will be next, and is exclusive to the mobile platforms (iOS and Android). Then 2.5 will bring parity to the other released platforms, and macOS will be the only remaining supported platform still running 1.3.

The timeline for 2.4 has not been nailed down, but I believe is expected to be before Apple release iOS 11. I expect they will run pretty close to that deadline though ;)
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    More details this summer. I guess a fall release sounds about right.
    edited June 2017
    -edit-: never mind.
  • garyriley1982garyriley1982 Member Posts: 32
    Still nothing.... can we have a response from Devs on this?

Even if a date cannot be given, can we at least have an official 'Yes this will come to IOS' or 'Sorry guys, SoD will never be released on IOS'.

As it's been about a year and a half from release (YEAR AND A HALF) and all news so far is just about BG and BG2 on IOS, I'm thinking it's never coming and they are unwilling to admit this.
    @garyriley1982 They have stated multiple times that they are working on getting SoD to tablets.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @garyriley1982 Thanks for asking! We've been giving responses quite reqularly. It's still in the works!

The latest is here: https://www.facebook.com/Beamdog/posts/10155417436087906?comment_id=10155417560322906&reply_comment_id=10155417568922906&comment_tracking={"tn":"R6"}

"Nothing new. We're focused on patching right now, but as soon as we have something to share on that front, we will."
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343

Still nothing.... can we have a response from Devs on this?

Even if a date cannot be given, can we at least have an official 'Yes this will come to IOS' or 'Sorry guys, SoD will never be released on IOS'.

As it's been about a year and a half from release (YEAR AND A HALF) and all news so far is just about BG and BG2 on IOS, I'm thinking it's never coming and they are unwilling to admit this.

I am looking forward to version 3.0 and SoD as well. I also hope that it will be IOS compatible.

But much will depend on IOS 11, and I cant see Beamdog being responsible for making everything work on the iOS required platform at any given time. Nobody can garantee compliance at all time. They are working on it, and thats good enough for now. If version 3.0 doesnt come its a loss, and it will sadden me as well. But I wont hold Beamdog accountable. The information on the subject has also been sufficient - not impressive - but sufficient all things taking into account.

I have played the version 1.3 and 1.4 of their products and it has truly been value for money. So thank you Beamdog so far - I hope that you can offer me version 3.0 as well. If not, then its time to change platform - alas.
    Bump
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It's still something we're working towards. At this time we don't have anything more to share on that front. Sorry!
  • WesboiWesboi Member Posts: 403
    Just spend money on something else. D&D Lords of waterdeep is ok and currently on sale.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Wesboi said:

Just spend money on something else. D&D Lords of waterdeep is ok and currently on sale.

Knew I bought it a week to soon! Still well worth the money though, even at full price :)