Skip to content

Siege of Dragonspear CE: On Sale Again

The Collector's Edition is now on sale again, and with a bonus. Those who order now will get a physical version of Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition. Source: http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/08/unboxing-siege-of-dragonspear.html

Anyone find this disingenuous of Beamdog? We were told that the Collector's Edition was a limited run that was only available via the pre-order, and that once it was gone, it was gone. Turns out, that wasn't true. I feel a bit deceived. And after that outrageous wait for the initial box.

Comments

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Not necessarily. They may have ordered an extra number to replace those that were damaged, lost, etc, and didn't need all of them. With 2.4 coming out, it's now inventory that is taking up space and could be sold. Or maybe it's all Mac or all Windows.

Heck, maybe they didn't sell out the pre-order.

• the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    I don't think they ever quit selling them to begin with. They made a limited run of them but I don't think they sold all of them. They had some manufacturing difficulties and I believe some of the pre-orders were cancelled. I would assume they had a few extras made just in case. Once they sell out that will be that.

Hopefully people buy them up. It would encourage Beamdog to continue making CE box sets in the future. I love mine and would love to buy one for BG2EE.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    They didn't sell out. Not to mention all the refunds for the extended wait.

I also don't think they said they were available [i]only[/I] for pre-order, just that they could be preordered and you'd get a steam key with purchase so you didn't have to wait for the box to ship to play the game.

This promotion is an attempt to get rid of any extra stock by pairing it with another goodie (instead of dropping the price which they may eventually do.

Pre-orders did get the forum badge though that people that buy now won't get.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Well twitter grammar is twitter grammar.

The "only" refers to it being available only through the beamdog store. No where else did it ever say it was pre-order only and was already still being sold well after the game was released.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724

I understand you didn't have the nicest of experiencies with the SoD CE box, @Paladin , but there's no decieve in that the Collector's Edition was a limited run and there're copies left after pre-orders ended. Maybe someone is buying the last CE ever, right now.