Skip to content

Next Enhanced Edition: Fallout 1&2 (Here's to Hoping!)

First of all, I hope I'm not re-treading some hideously beaten path by bringing this up.
Secondly, Fallout!

With Beamdog doing Torment, does that mean they've expanded the list of games they can do?
I mean, they've enhanced the number one game of the genre (Torment, in case you had a brain fade), so why not move on to the next most obvious choice? It'll be great!

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited August 2017
    I honestly cannot imagine for Beamdog to ever aquire the rights from Bethesda. Even if it's *only* concerning Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel. They've bought the Fallout rights off from Interplay for 5.75 million dollars after all. No way a small company like Beamdog could afford buying them back.

Then there's the fact that Bethesda is really protective of their IP's. They even arm wrestled with Interplay a second time for some Fallout MMO rights 5 years ago. And won the lawsuit. Heck, they even sued some game company for using 'Scrolls' in their title, even when that game hadn't to do anything with their Elder Scrolls franchise.

Only chance we'll ever be seeing Enhanced Editions of that franchise would be when Bethesda, as a publisher, gives Beamdog the contract for developing FO1:EE, FO2:EE and FO:T:BoS:EE. That way all IP rights would still belong to Bethseda. Just like in Fallout: New Vegas' case developed by Obsidian. But even that case seems unlikely to me.
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    They don't even have plans for elder scrolls VI yet and I'm sure the gap between releases will just keep getting bigger. They need to monetize skyrim and fallout 4 for another 5 years I'm sure.

But uhm..are we going to turn beamdog into our personal workshop for every old game there is? ;)

edited August 2017
    batoor said:

They don't even have plans for elder scrolls VI yet and I'm sure the gap between releases will just keep getting bigger. They need to monetize skyrim and fallout 4 for another 5 years I'm sure.

Oh they sure do. Coming this Winter: Fallout 4 VR Version! And then we have The Elder Scrolls: Legends: with its new DLC Heroes of Skyrim! Not really the next Elder Scrolls game per se, given that Legends is a bloody trading card video game. But both titles will give them lots of extra milking time to bridge things over.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    It would be a dream coming true.

Fallout is the best RPG ever.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Enough with enhanced editions. I do hope they will find the source code to make IWD2EE, but besides that, now it is time for a brand new game!

BEAMDOG, WE ARE STILL HERE, WAITING FOR ICEWIND DALE 3!
    Aedan said:

BEAMDOG, WE ARE STILL HERE, WAITING FOR ARCANUM: OF STEAMWORKS AND MAGICK OBSCURA 2!

HEAR, HEAR!

Sorry couldn't resist :p

• JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    I'd totally love to see an Arcanum 2. I never got far in the first game (it just does not agree with my system,) but its world was so unique feeling. Plus half-ogres! I may be a shorty player, but half-ogres tickle my fancy.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Wow, I would play the shit out of a Fallout EE. As good as BG is, Fallout was there before it and IMO a better RPG as well.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Yeah, one more enhanced edition and i'm gonna rename you officially "Beamdog the Enhancers"

Enhancement?

ENHANCEMENT!

I'm gonna do it, i'm warning you -.-'
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    Hey, enhancement is a perfectly acceptable use of magic. Just because you're not getting the kills doesn't mean you're not invaluable to the party.