Skip to content

Hidden Stashes

2»

Comments

• RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
    edited August 2017

I can honestly say that I have never found a "secret" stash on my own and always needed walkthrough guides to where they were. And some I still couldn't find.

I wonder why that is. I constantly have 'tab' pressed and I can easily spot all the hidden stashes. Ok not all, but I have found quite a few from the ones mentioned in the topic. I can imagine that pre-EE it was extremely difficult, as @OrlonKronsteen noted. But nowadays, the hidden stashes are just rewards for following what is happening on the screen.
    Also, there is kind of* a hidden stash in Helm & Cloak.

*kind of, because side-questing will bring you there anyway.

• UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Riderat said:

I can honestly say that I have never found a "secret" stash on my own and always needed walkthrough guides to where they were. And some I still couldn't find.

I wonder why that is. I constantly have 'tab' pressed and I can easily spot all the hidden stashes. Ok not all, but I have found quite a few from the ones mentioned in the topic. I can imagine that pre-EE it was extremely difficult, as @OrlonKronsteen noted. But nowadays, the hidden stashes are just rewards for following what is happening on the screen.
    Also, there is kind of* a hidden stash in Helm & Cloak.

*kind of, because side-questing will bring you there anyway.

I play version 1.3, no tab.

I didn't like the "tab" function in SOD. Found it very immersion breaking. I dare say it's because what I am used to
  • fatelessfateless Member Posts: 330
    It's more they've changed how things spawn a bit. Where a lot of spawns used to almost be set in the game reguardless of party size or level. For example. The gnoll stronghold we've been talking about. Used to have 2-3 groups of 4 to 6 that spawned on the stairway leading up to the stronghold itself. the first one appearing just past the square wooden archway not far from the bridge. And at least one more on the upward slope. Now you often just see one of these groups.
  • RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136

I didn't like the "tab" function in SOD. Found it very immersion breaking.

Reading FAQ's and walktroughs' is not immersion breaking? :)
    ShikaoThacoBell
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

I play version 1.3, no tab.

I didn't like the "tab" function in SOD. Found it very immersion breaking. I dare say it's because what I am used to

I was like this for quite a while, probably because I played the original game before tabbing was available and was just used to that.
    GreenWarlock
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Honestly, I quickly was converted to just holding Tab in new areas.

It was almost shameful. ;)
    StummvonBordwehrAerakar
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    DreadKhan said:

Honestly, I quickly was converted to just holding Tab in new areas.

It was almost shameful. ;)

Don't get me wrong I did the same.

Just felt ashamed, very ashamed doing it. And as I'm pathetically weak willed, once you have it, there's no not using it.

I quite like Hidden Object games where the point is too look for things, the tab kind of messed that aspect up completely.
    Aerakartbone1