Skip to content

Left empty in the end [SPOILERS]

RideratRiderat Member Posts: 136
hey hey!

So finally I have managed to go trough the SoD (took me a while, but I did it). An awesome game. Cant wait for my next complete saga run, to try out different options (it feels that the story could fork out at some point). Thanks Beamdog, you should definitely make more content like this. Everything was there, massive fights, mystery, unanswered riddles, Hell, unexpected ending, romances and really cool NPC's to play with. I spent 11 straight hours today and the story really got me.

The thing is, I am left empty now. I really enjoyed my romance with Corwin. I got to 3rd base I guess already. And then *pooof* this crazy sh*it happens with Skie. Corwin gets cold towards me in prison and then what the heck was that in the sewers?? She sacrifices herself for her lesbian lover? Did I end this game correctly, there was no happy ending with her?

Really sucks that BG2 doesn't have references to the characters or events of SoD.

P.S. I think i havent been bluntly staring at the screen for so long ever since I finished Dark Souls for the first time.. Thanks again, Beamdog

Comments

• BrutaleBentBrutaleBent Member Posts: 36
    edited August 2017
    I feel the same!

If only we could meet more SoD companions, have some character continuity and ie. maybe fetch Caelar back in BG2 to face her crimes or be you follower, would be awesome - even as a DLC/mini expo to BG2. ;)

It had many great things, from the small things to infravision or lore changing encounters/options to your good actions helping(-ish) you later and different way of handling objectives - loved it! Great maps/dungeons too.

I'm hoping they'll make their own Infinity Engine game, or the like, in the future - not so bound by beginning and end.

If I have to put my finger on anything though, they could work a little with some characters, the story itself, and on the voice acting quality, some were almost bad to mediocre, while a smaller number were great still - no one quite expresses power AND arrogance, borderlining to disgust, like David Warner. :P
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    they should make a dlc for BG2 that adds resolutions for the murder plot and corwin
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    bob_veng said:

they should make a dlc for BG2 that adds resolutions for the murder plot and corwin

*They* should NOT make a dlc for BG2 that adds resolutions for the murder plot and Corwin, there are modders out there whom I trust to do a far better job, e.g. there is now a Skie BG2 mod that needs a bit of rework, thea author could not foresee her new fate and her bhaal heritage.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    you may be scandalized by this view but i really think that the company would do a better job than the modding scene here because it's their turf (the "new skie" and corwin are their creations) and i think the missing pieces of the story were a part the original vision, but they cut this development because of lack of interest/demand perhaps. so i believe that they themselves feel that their work is unfinished and it's really on them to finish it. and since SoD wasn't such a bad job overall, it being pretty ambitious and high-polish, i think they could take it a bit further than any modder driven primarily by desire to wrap things up
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited August 2017
    I do wish Beamdog had a bigger budget for SoD, especially with the epilogue chapter. You could have had 30-60 minutes of extra content there easily.

And yes I agree Thacobell it has some alternatives, but it feels very marginalized IMO.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    bob_veng said:

you may be scandalized by this view but i really think that the company would do a better job than the modding scene here because it's their turf (the "new skie" and corwin are their creations) and i think the missing pieces of the story were a part the original vision, but they cut this development because of lack of interest/demand perhaps. so i believe that they themselves feel that their work is unfinished and it's really on them to finish it. and since SoD wasn't such a bad job overall, it being pretty ambitious and high-polish, i think they could take it a bit further than any modder driven primarily by desire to wrap things up

You have a point there. The expansion is out now for quite some time and I 've seen very little interest from modders in it.
    - an expansion for Wilson
    - Shar-Teel added to SoD
    - a mod turning the overhead banters into real ones
    - some already existing mod NPCs having added SoD contents to their mods.

What I haven't seen is any attempt to add to the new NPCs ala BG1NPC mod. Maybe times have changed and modders today rather create their own characters than try to enhance mediocre vanilla stuff.
    Even, I personally think that at least Corwin deserves it. I could easily imagine her to appear already in BG1 part when you reach Baldur's Gate.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    I will buy Sod as soon as they will release a dlc for bg2 and toB
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Arthas said:

You might never see that moment. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/63659/regarding-modding-sod-npcs-for-bg2-ee
  • BrutaleBentBrutaleBent Member Posts: 36
    That's a shame - you did a great job on BG:SoD and left me craving for more. Soo, when's your next project up? :P
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091

Arthas said:

You might never see that moment. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/63659/regarding-modding-sod-npcs-for-bg2-ee
    thank you for the heads up. To me this was not supposed to happen