Skip to content

Latest update on patch status, IWD II, and Beamdog Client

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited August 2017
    @smeagolheart There's no new information about IWD2. As for other plans, always check the latest blog entry.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/08/july-roundup-patches-conventions-and.html

@Aerethiel The 32-bit support will be continued.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    @JuliusBorisov So, is the release of patch 2.4 for iOS devices imminent? (i.e., will 2.4 be released by the end of this week?) Or do we need to wait until the last days of August/first days of September?
    Ratibor92rede9
  • LorandarLorandar Member Posts: 33
    @JuliusBorisov
    Will any new portraits be added for iPad players with the upcoming patch? I'm still stuck with the original portraits, some additions would be nice. I seem to remember a very limited number of portraits can be bought through an in-app purchase in BGEE, but there must be loads of other portraits available to players on other platforms which would be nice to have on iPad too. As an additional question: Are portraits bought through in-app purchase in one game available in the other game as well?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Luke93 said:

@JuliusBorisov So, is the release of patch 2.4 for iOS devices imminent? (i.e., will 2.4 be released by the end of this week?) Or do we need to wait until the last days of August/first days of September?

We don't have release dates as of yet. Our QA team is hard at work going through BG:EE and BGII:EE. Work has started on IWD:EE and we hope to have these patches out, one by one, over the next few weeks.
    Lorandar said:

@JuliusBorisov
    Will any new portraits be added for iPad players with the upcoming patch? I'm still stuck with the original portraits, some additions would be nice. I seem to remember a very limited number of portraits can be bought through an in-app purchase in BGEE, but there must be loads of other portraits available to players on other platforms which would be nice to have on iPad too. As an additional question: Are portraits bought through in-app purchase in one game available in the other game as well?

Getting the latest portrait pack out on other platforms is something we're looking into. As for other portraits, which "loads of other portraits available to players on other platforms" do you mean?
    mlneveseStummvonBordwehrrede9
    Thanks for the reply, I'm looking forward to the upcoming changes.
    My assumption may have been incorrect concerning the amount of officially released portraits. It is true I shouldn't consider portraits added through mods or manual player intervention.
    JuliusBorisov
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited August 2017

Our QA team is hard at work going through BG:EE and BGII:EE. Work has started on IWD:EE and we hope to have these patches out, one by one, over the next few weeks.

Will patches be released in this order (with IWDee 2.x as last one)?

rede9 said:

Our QA team is hard at work going through BG:EE and BGII:EE. Work has started on IWD:EE and we hope to have these patches out, one by one, over the next few weeks.

Will patches be released in this order (with IWDee 2.x as last one)?

Most likely, yes.
  • majbermajber Member Posts: 53
    Any ETA, even sth like: this, or next month...
    majber said:

This is a reply from August 17 (previously on this page):

We don't have release dates as of yet. Our QA team is hard at work going through BG:EE and BGII:EE. Work has started on IWD:EE and we hope to have these patches out, one by one, over the next few weeks.

gugulug5000
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342

majber said:

This is a reply from August 17 (previously on this page):

@JuliusBorisov
    Thanks for the many updates and insight so far.
    I am playing bg:ee, bg2:ee, and iwd:ee on my iPhone. As of iOS 8, modding has become increasingly difficult - jailbreaking is the only option..

Rumours tell me that iOS 11 will permit minor tweaks and changes. I dont know if this is true, but if is, will the version 2.4 allow the iPhone / iPad users to add (minor changes)?

Dont get me wrong beamdog has done great things for the game so far - but when youre used to a BWS, you end up itchy when you see how many great modds that have become ee compatible... my hopes for the iOS 11 and the 2.4 patch may be wishfull thinking, but I hope that my wish can come true (quaffing potion of insight before posting)...
    _Luke_
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248

Exactly, what "next few weeks" refers to? Only iOS patches or also desktop patches? If it is the first, what timeline can we expect for desktop patches?
    Your posts on Beamblog and in this thread aren't clear at all, if not misleading.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited August 2017
    Blash said:

Exactly, what "next few weeks" refers to? Only iOS patches or also desktop patches? If it is the first, what timeline can we expect for desktop patches?
    Your posts on Beamblog and in this thread aren't clear at all, if not misleading.
    Actually, they've been very clear that the iOS patches are coming first, then will come further updates for other platforms. From the Beamblog post linked in the OP:
    As mentioned in previous posts, the team is hard at work on iOS 64 bit patches to ensure Enhanced Edition players will be able to continue enjoying their games after iOS 11 is released. These patches will be released game-by-game in the months ahead, starting with Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and will include a few bug fixes, but the focus will be on 64 bit compatibility.

The real fun begins once the 64 bit iOS patch series is complete. Planning has only just started on the patches for the Enhanced Edition titles beyond what we’re currently working on so committing to specific release dates, bug fixes, and features at this point is difficult.
    Also, the original question that the quote from @JuliusBorisov was answering was specifically about the iOS patches. If you consider the original question, the answer is clearly regarding the iOS patches.
    Luke93 said:

tbone1JuliusBorisov
    edited August 2017
    Yes, @AstroBryGuy is completely right. "Next few weeks" refers to iOS patches. The quoted part from the Beamblog addresses your questions, @Blash . Let me know if something is still unclear to you.

@createaccount Thanks for asking! I'll try to find that out.
    StummvonBordwehr_Luke_AstroBryGuy
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    @JuliusBorisov will you do another 'Road to' beta for the update after 2.4 ?
    tbone1
    lefreut said:

@JuliusBorisov will you do another 'Road to' beta for the update after 2.4 ?

It's still being decided upon.
    lefreutAedanAndreaColombo
    @AstroBryGuy It would seem we have very different ideas of "very clear", but thanks for the explanation :P
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    Question, with the patches for iOS and such will this include Siege of Dragonspear being put on the app store or will it come some time after the patches?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Vallmyr said:

Question, with the patches for iOS and such will this include Siege of Dragonspear being put on the app store or will it come some time after the patches?

JuliusBorisov
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    Ouch, I've been putting off playing the games on iOS due to not having SoD but maybe I should re-think that @_@
    _Luke_
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342

Vallmyr said:

Is there an ETA on SoD for iOS?
    There's no ETA on SoD for tablets, sorry.
    StummvonBordwehr
    Ouch, I was expecting SoD to become available for iOS with this patch. We have been waiting for more than 1 year now... Will Beamdog work on making it available in the future, or is the expected return too small to bother?

Will we at least get the Shaman class and the improvements to weapon equipping (dual wield setup with quickslots to bow, etc...) with the upcoming patch?
    StummvonBordwehr
    Lorandar said:

Ouch, I was expecting SoD to become available for iOS with this patch. We have been waiting for more than 1 year now... Will Beamdog work on making it available in the future, or is the expected return too small to bother?

StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
    Some sort of ETA for 2.4 on Windows versions? Pathfinding with 2.X has become horrible, it's quite frustrating seeing NPCs getting blocked among them not reaching the enemy for melee.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Blash said:

Some sort of ETA for 2.4 on Windows versions?

None, given that the 2.4 update is being strictly speaking only released for iOS. I wouldn't hold my breath for desktop version updates to still appear within this year either. For what's worth, my oozey intuition whispers to me we may see the further updates somewhere around the Q1/Q2 2018. *shrugs*
    Blash
    edited August 2017
    First things first, let's see if the three games are updated before iOS 11 goes live.
    Post edited by Doubledimas on
    StummvonBordwehrtbone1

First things first, let's see if the three games are updated before iOS 11 goes live.

Yeah, it'd be awesome. The Wall Street Journal reported that Apple had scheduled an event on September 12. On this date, Apple is expected to announce new products and release iOS 11.... We shall see.....
    StummvonBordwehrtbone1
    edited August 2017
    According to the news I've read it is not entirely sure that the iOS will be released at the same day. But still, that means maybe only two weeks to go...
    Lorandar said:

Will we at least get the Shaman class and the improvements to weapon equipping (dual wield setup with quickslots to bow, etc...) with the upcoming patch?

2.4 is purely about IPv6 and 64-bit support, and those features are more for 2.5.
    StummvonBordwehrPokotatbone1GreenWarlock