Skip to content

Latest update on patch status, IWD II, and Beamdog Client

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
edited July 2017 in Archived News
Good day to you all!

Today we're bringing news (which we can share) on what to expect in coming months.

Check out our latest blog entry: http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/07/real-talk-icewind-dale-ii-enhanced.html !
AndreaColomboDoubledimaslefreutAedanShikaoFlashburnbob_vengVarwulfkaguanaGreenWarlockmlneveseGusindaAerakar[Deleted User]kanisathaPibaroAnduinAdul

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    For @rede9 - the entry covers, among other things, the answer to your question (from 2 previous threads): "Will BG 64-bit be available even on Windows?" (yes, it will be).
    AndreaColombokaguanarede9
  • squareincsquareinc Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2017
    Hi @JuliusBorisov, so this may be a fruitless question that you can't answer, but when you say coming months, does that mean more August - September, or are we leaning towards the winter period? Also, when you say bugfixes, will the THAC0 bug when you dual wield with fists be included? I'm working on it now (just because I have a compulsion to do these things) and I think the issue is that Fists do not have any specific proficiency and the UI code looks to include one. So I'm seeing what I can do by just tinkering, but it'll be cool if it's fixed in a patch! Also thanks for having the game on GOG. I'm a big fan of the originals, but I don't mind having the EE versions as well. Especially for the ease of modding.
    JuliusBorisov
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Looking forward to future patches and keeping my fingers crossed on a number of specific fixes and features ;)
    JuliusBorisovDoubledimasbob_veng
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,713
    squareinc said:

Hi @JuliusBorisov, so this may be a fruitless question that you can't answer, but when you say coming months, does that mean more August - September, or are we leaning towards the winter period? Also, when you say bugfixes, will the THAC0 bug when you dual wield with fists be included? I'm working on it now (just because I have a compulsion to do these things) and I think the issue is that Fists do not have any specific proficiency and the UI code looks to include one. So I'm seeing what I can do by just tinkering, but it'll be cool if it's fixed in a patch! Also thanks for having the game on GOG. I'm a big fan of the originals, but I don't mind having the EE versions as well. Especially for the ease of modding.

Planning has only just started on the patches for the Enhanced Edition titles beyond what we’re currently working on so committing to specific release dates, bug fixes, and features at this point is difficult.
  • HadarHadar Member Posts: 171
    @JuliusBorisov

I want just ask will there be a patch for IWDEE that I can equip shield or second weapon and few weapons in the main roster with not all are 1-handed or at least one of them is ranged in case of second weapon (as in the the BGxEE series)? :P
    @Hadar Can't comment about that at this point.
  • RVNSRVNS Member Posts: 285
    It truly is sad that the IWD2 codes are not available. That would have been awesome. I don't suppose that Beamdog has something else already in the works for their next game? I'm a big fan and love and own all the games and I look forward to adding the next game to my collection. Keep up the great work guys!
    Varwulfjamoecw
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    edited July 2017
    Has Bernie Weir been contacted yet out of curiosity? I'm reaching out to him on Linkedin (as it's the only place I could find contact information so far) in the hopes that he might see my programming background and feel like I am at least worth a minute or two of his time. I don't want to waste his time if the team has already tried there.

Edit: I've also gone premium on Linkedin so that I could send a direct message to Darren Monahan asking if he had any leads. Hopefully this too hasn't been done already :)
    RVNSGreenWarlockShikaoAedan
    Thats awesome Varwulf. Somebody has to have this I'm sure.
    Varwulf
    RVNS said:

Thats awesome Varwulf. Somebody has to have this I'm sure.

That's my belief/hope as well! Also just reached out to Joshua Sawyer too, felt like it was also worth a shot since he is still very active as well.
    RVNS
    Does anyone else know someone to contact? I wish I had more connections but I simply do not. I feel like somebody knows something or someone.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    edited July 2017
    "o All stores updated to the latest version (Yes, even the Mac App store)"

@JuliusBorisov Thanks for the confirmation, I really is appreciated :). And don't worry, I for one will not be concerned if the Mac App patch is released a little later due to App Store approval process, as long as we know it is being submitted!

[Edited to remove a comment that came out snarlier than intended, this is supposed to be good news :)]
    JuliusBorisov
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    On the Beamblog it is stated that
    These patches will be released game-by-game in the months ahead, starting with Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and will include a few bug fixes, but the focus will be on 64 bit compatibility.

Are these 'few bug fixes' the bugs mentioned here or is 2.4 something that won't come around until you really begin with the patching process of all the games.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited July 2017
    It's nice to see posts like this. Now we know what you are working on :)

A selection of community-requested features

I'm really waiting for more informations on this in the following months.

Completed localizations

What does this mean exactly ? Updated localizations or new localizations ?

And more!

<3

We've updated the blog:

UPDATE: If you personally have a copy of the code, we'd love to get in touch. Please do not contact former developers and other IWD2 team members on our behalf.

Ah, my bad, I misunderstood the nature of the call out :(
    JuliusBorisov
    lefreut said:

Completed localizations

What does this mean exactly ? Updated localizations or new localizations ?

<3 </p>
    New localizations. Updates to translations already available would fall into the bug category.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

New localizations. Updates to translations already available would fall into the bug category.

So still no German dub for BGII:EE then? :disappointed:
    HeinrichBhaal
    edited July 2017

On the Beamblog it is stated that

These patches will be released game-by-game in the months ahead, starting with Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition and will include a few bug fixes, but the focus will be on 64 bit compatibility.

Are these 'few bug fixes' the bugs mentioned here or is 2.4 something that won't come around until you really begin with the patching process of all the games.
    Gameplay bug fixes are being addressed in the patch series beyond the iOS 64 bit updates. That said, a few of those closed public tickets may indeed become "a few bug fixes" mentioned on the blog.
    AndreaColomboDoubledimas
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    edited July 2017

So still no German dub for BGII:EE then? :disappointed:
    a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, i reported this as a bug in the redmine public tracker ... if this is not abandoned yet, maybe it's on some list, but i'll only believe when i see it in game. Or hear it actually ... Immer auf die Augen, Boo, IMMER auf die Augen! – Squeeeeek! (this is a german dubbed Squeek, hear his accent, fear his Squeek!)
    HadarHeinrichBhaal
    I posted a reply about German VO (and asking about other VO' evaluation) in that thread.

Anyway, here's the latest interview with Trent on IWD2: https://www.google.bg/amp/kotaku.com/nobody-can-find-the-source-code-for-icewind-dale-ii-1796724450/amp
    00zim00
  • HadarHadar Member Posts: 171
    edited July 2017
    @BelegCuthalion

I've always thought that German is lingua franca of all demons, hells and everything evil. xD Boo in German must sounds extremely intimidating. xD
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Fair bit of the desperate asking random forum people for source code isn't it?

Hope it turns up but I wouldn't expect this to work.
    [Deleted User]Varwulf
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    smeagolheartVarwulf
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Did they ever find the source code for BG? Or was that just the art assets they couldn't find?

If they've contacted IWD2 developers, I can't expect anyone else will know. But don't ask, don't get.

Yes, the Kotaku story @JuliusBorisov linked above has a quote from Trent that they got the source codes for BG, IWD, and PST from both Bioware's archives and what WoTC had received from Interplay and Atari when rights were transferred.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453

Did they ever find the source code for BG? Or was that just the art assets they couldn't find?

If they've contacted IWD2 developers, I can't expect anyone else will know. But don't ask, don't get.

it's unlikely someone on the forums has it of cause, but making some noise and media coverage can trigger the right people that would not think to go to their archives otherwise.
    [Deleted User]
  • ShadowdemonShadowdemon Member Posts: 80
    I doubt any of the former Black Isle employees have the source. That would have been property of Interplay and they would have gotten in trouble by keeping it. It was more than likely lost when Interplay self destructed. That is a shame as I really liked that game and was looking forward to n Enhanced edition.
    [Deleted User]
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    "Completed localizations"

My body is ready.
    [Deleted User]JuliusBorisov
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508

I doubt any of the former Black Isle employees have the source. That would have been property of Interplay and they would have gotten in trouble by keeping it. It was more than likely lost when Interplay self destructed. That is a shame as I really liked that game and was looking forward to n Enhanced edition.

You're not wrong, but in theory copies should have gone to Bioware and Wizards of The Coast, but apparently... they didn't.