Skip to content

Candlekeep Imoen is actually a level 1 mage?!

So I just randomly decided to add Candlekeep Imoen with ctrl+Q just because I've never tried it before see if she has anything different only to discover she's actually a level 1 mage with completely different stats...

*confused* O.o
tbone1StummvonBordwehrAedanThacoBellGusindaGrumMontresor_SP

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    IIRC the original plan was for Imoen to be another non-joinable NPC you interact with in Candlekeep and (maybe?) a mage apprentice of Gorion's. Hence her poor stats (as she was never meant to be playable) and class.
    Mush_MushGrum
  • GaelicVigilGaelicVigil Member Posts: 111
    Mush_Mush said:

So I just randomly decided to add Candlekeep Imoen with ctrl+Q just because I've never tried it before see if she has anything different only to discover she's actually a level 1 mage with completely different stats...

*confused* O.o

Unrelated noob question. How'd you get the SoD UI into BGEE?
  • FandraxxFandraxx Member Posts: 193
    To further add the whole story behind Imoen's development, the original character in her place was a guard named Pique. Nothing much is known about him, other than the fact that he was there (as a party member) before Imoen was. When they decided to scrap Pique and create Imoen, they had no recording budget left. They cobbled together her voice set from a demo that had previously been scraped itself.

That's why Imoen doesn't really have any interactions with the other NPCs in the game, they didn't have the time or the money for it.
    GrumStummvonBordwehr
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201

Mush_Mush said:

*confused* O.o

One possibility is to install EET. It uses a single UI for all of the game and it offers the SoD one, which I think is the best choice, personal opinion of course.
    There is also a mod that installs various UI variants for your use, I can't tell if SoD is among them since I don't use that mod.
    KuselBleriot
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653

My BG:EE has the SoD interface automatically as soon as SoD is installed. And I actually prefer the old blue interface. Beamdog got a lot of complaints about forcing that black interface on people.
  • Mush_MushMush_Mush Member Posts: 476
    I'm not overly keen on the black interface but I prefer it to the blue one, I personally would have loved a more true-to-vanilla teal UI.
    ArtonaQuartz
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @GaelicVigil If you launch BG1 from the SoD client, it automatically gets the SoD UI. Personally, I would have loved to keep the Blue UI for the BG1 portion and switch to SoD UI when entering SoD. The blue one is my favorite.
    BelgarathMTH